Goodbye

(Just saying I enjoyed writing the last chapter)

When she woke up it was in the hospital bed in the medical wing. Mirabel sits up and rubs her head in pain. Everything was so blurry and fuzzy around her.

"Mirabel," she looks to the side and saw Mcgongagall. "How do you feel?" Mcgongagall asks her. Mirabel blinks as suddenly memories of what happened returned.
"I...he's back," Mirabel said horror dawning on her features. Mcgongagall nodded. "Harry has told everyone, sadly the fool Fudge refuses to believe him," Mcgongagall said. "But he is! I saw him I saw!" Mirabel raises her arms to wave dramatically when she felt something.

Looking at her arms she can see her entire arms are covered in bandages. More memories of what happened flashed through her head. "What happened?" She asks. "Now Mirabel," Mcgongagall tries to keep her calm, but Mirabel ignores her and starts ripping the bandages off. She screams like a banshee at what she saw. Just like her butterfly mark marks like rivers flowed up her arms creating intricate butterflies, and little candle flames as they went up to her shoulders.

"How am I meant to hide this?! How am I meant to keep my familia," her eyes widened as she realised. "He knows," she whimpers curling in on herself. "He knows what?" Mcgongagall asks. "He went in my head! He saw my familia! He knows we aren't," she breaks out into a sob crying badly and breathing so hard, yet not taking in any oxygen.

Mcgongagall was quick too assure. "Don't worry Mirabel he may know, but he couldn't get in even at his peak. He will not get in now or ever," She said though it sounded like she was assuring both of them.

It was several minutes of this. Of Mirabel crying into Mcgonagall's arms. It was too much, it was all too much. She failed, she failed her mission, she failed Cedric, she failed to prevent Voldemort returning, she failed everyone because that's all she's ever been. She's always been a failure and that will never change no matter what she does. She's a failure she couldn't even keep him from finding out about her family and now her entire village and family were in danger and it doesn't even matter that she saw inside his. Her heart skips a beat.

"I saw in his head too," She announces. Mcgongagall's eyebrows raised and she opens her mouth to speak when another beats her too it. "What did you see?" Both turned and saw Dumbledore. Mirabel looks at Mcgongagall who nodded. "I saw these objects and a name. Slughorn. Then I saw this gold cup with the Hufflepuff crest, a headpiece with a raven and a blue jewel, a locket with a snake on it, a ring with a black stone, a snake called Nigini, and his diary. He seemed really angry when he found out it was destroyed. He put the Crucio curse on me," she said.

Mcgongagall gasps and hugs Mirabel tightly. "Don't worry Ms M I'm fine. It lasted only a few seconds and he only did it once. He wanted to use me to lure my family out of the Encanto to kill them," She explains but tears up remembering what happened. Mcgongagall pulls her in for a tight hug.

"Dear," Mirabel looks at Dumbledore. "You say that Voldemort can't get into your home?" He asks.

"Abuelo put a barrier around it. Evil cannot enter," she says. "Than you must show us so," He began. "Absolutely not!" Mcgongagall shouts at him. "This is not," He began. "She is a child Albus! She has been through something terrible and I do not care if she is practically a goddess! She is a child and I will be taking her back to her home where she will not have to worry about any of this! She needs to be with her family now more than ever," Mcgongagall said and holds Mirabel close.

"Minerva think of," Dumbledore began. "And I will not allow you to turn her home into some war base!" She yells at Albus before turning to Mirabel. "Mirabel your home is going to be safe alright? It will stay safe," She promises and kisses her head. "Now leave Albus," Mcgongagall said and Dumbledore does leave although annoyed. Mcgongagall turns to Mirabel again and said.