Birthday

It was a beautiful bright and sunny day in the Columbia village of Encanto nestled in the middle of a gorgeous mountain range there was even a rainbow present.

Would you wonder why the weather was so nice today? Well usually they would call it Mother Nature, but in the Encanto? Mother Nature had a more formal name and it's name was Pepa Madrigal. After nearly forty-five years most of the village knew how they could see Pepa's moods when it came to the weather.

If it was windy she was nervous.

If it was raining she was sad.

If it was lightning she was angry.

If it was thunder she was irritated.

If it was snowing she was scared.

All weather they got was tied into whatever Pepa was feeling at the moment. When she was young and first got her gift they got a lot of good weather because she was such a energetic happy child. When she became a teenager it was harder and the village reminded her a lot about the cloud above her head. Some weather they could tell if she was forcing herself to be happy like she should be to avoid disasters or if she was genuinely feeling happy.

There were some hurricanes due to her emotions though and tied in a lot with a certain man they never spoke about predicting them.

Yet a indicator to prove she was genuinely happy was when there was a rainbow. A rainbow usually tied in with her maternal love for her family. A rainbow could usually be seen on one of her kid's birthdays so those days the village always had a lot planned to get done since it was a guarantee the weather would be nice.

Today though, on the shared birthday of her youngest Hijo and Sobrina her beautiful rainbow turned into a blizzard mixed with hail out of nowhere and the village was left confused as to what caused Pepa Madrigal to shift emotions so quickly.

Well the answer laid in the people she had originally been so happy for.

Mirabel, the fourteen year old birthday girl had snuck away to do some quidditch practice on her broom which included some loopdy loops, freefalling, and false diving.

She had been having so much fun enjoying the weather her Tia had provided for the day. She had gone really high through the air to do a new move she had been thinking up. It was a risky one, but almost guaranteed success. It involved doing two simple loopy loops, but then in the middle of the third she was drop from her broom and do a free fall.  Than she would summon her broom and easily redirect her flying safely.

And that's what she did, to a point. She had lost track of time and her Mama had been worried that she was gone so long. She sent Luisa and Pepa to go find her because Delores was busy.

They went searching for only ten minutes when they looked up and saw Mirabel falling in the air from her broom.

"MIRABEL!"

Instantly a storm appeared and the wind blew Mirabel off course from her broom and now instead of a steady controlled dive she was flailing around.

Her broom landed safely in some trees, but she was not safe.

She screams remembering her events last year or falling and knowing there wasn't a hippogriff to help her this time.

As she accepts her fate heading to the ground she felt the winds lift her slowing her fall and than she was in her sister's strong arms.

"Sis!" Luisa hugs her tightly and Mirabel's still trying to get her breathing under control. "Mirabel," Pepa thunders in worry looking Mirabel over worried. "I'm fine Tia, I do that all the time in quidditch," Mirabel assures with a smile. Pepa blinks as that sets in before lightning strikes. "So you did that on purpose?" She asks. Mirabel realizes what she said and tries back tracking. "Well uh," she began.