Little white

The crowd slowly dispersed, fearing the guard's wrath. Every villager was slowly moving away, however, the fat man didn't. Instead, he was even slowly inching towards the fallen money pouch. 

"Hey, you!" Bai Shuyin pointed at him. 

The butcher didn't even feel any slight remorse, in fact, he was startled that his intention was found out and cursed loudly because he found himself caught red-handed. 

However, before he could run away with it, flames bursted from where the butcher-turned-thief stood, making him yelp and fall onto his butt. 

Bai Shuyin startled at the sight of bursting flames that she dropped her kneeling posture and sat on her bottom. The fire spreaded but it never once touched her. The burning flames spun, resembling a vortex and trapped the thief inside its makeshift prison.  

A pair of black embroidered boots stepped up beside Bai Shuyin, making her look up. 

Wu Jiangfeng's violet eyes burned and bleed into crimson color as energy converted and took shapes of flame orbs in his palms.

This was the first time Bai Shuyin saw the true power of another human blessed with one of the auspicious beasts that she could only gape in awe at how tremendous the power was. 

The Crown Prince of South Wu Kingdom had already mastered and refined his control of the power at such a young age! Bai Shuyin was so close to fangirling on the spot. 

'So handsome! So strong!' 

The fallen butcher-turned-thief scrambled back a few steps, crawling like a crab in fright upon seeing such a terrifying face, his complexion immediately blanching, pale as paper, but he was stopped by another flames bursting right beside his hand, almost burning it charcoal. 

"Hand it over." Wu Jiangfeng's body radiated a powerful pressure, so heavy that the thief's legs buckled and fell once again. 

The thief shrieked and threw the money pouch he was gripping so hard on. Bai Shuyin could see the greediness bled through his eyes, fortunately he cherished his life more or he was going to become a barbeque pork. 

Only then did the fire prison release the thief who immediately scurried like a rat, leaving trails of smoke in his tail. 

The flames also died down like they were never there in the first place. They didn't leave any burn marks on the ground as the fire vanished completely. 

Bai Shuyin could only sighed in astonishment. Not only was he strong, but also forgiving. A good and compassionate samaritan. This young man truly deserved to be the novel's main character. The white-haired transmigration would even kiss the ground he stepped onto.

Which she did by giving a respectful kowtow. "This servant thanks the Almighty Lord." 

"You know who I am?" 

Bai Shuyin almost bit her lips at her little slip of tongue. She didn't dare raise her head to see the skeptical look on his handsome face as she replied earnestly. "This servant knows no such thing. However, after witnessing the tremendous power of the Vermillion Bird, this servant was sure Your Majesty is one of the blessed." 

There was a chuckle before a command was spoken. "Stand."

Bai Shuyin hurriedly stood and her eyes accidentally catched the sight of the Crown Prince across her. His long and crimson red hair fell down his shoulder like moonbeams spilled from the sky, carrying red glow under the sunlight. 

Like Adonis, the most beautiful male in Ancient Greek, the Crown Prince of South Wu Kingdom had a captivating beauty and charisma. With his hair color, without even doing anything, he could effortlessly captivate everyone's attention. 

This was Bai Shuyin's first time seeing another character besides the villain, Wang Heiyue, from the fictional novel. Wu Jiangfeng was only described as a smart and handsome young man and yet he looked like some Greek God. 

If she was already melting at the sight of Wu Jiangfeng, what would happen when she met the Crown Prince of Wang Kingdom, the original Male Lead? 

The so-called male lead that even the author put a lot of effort into describing. Wang Shenqiu must have looked like a Holy Son! Maybe even better! 

"Tell this benwang, what is your name?" 

"This servant goes by Bai Shuyin." Bai Shuyin didn't raise her eyes as she spoke. Making eye contact with the nobles were considered rude during dynasties and could be punished. 

"Ah~ Then I was right to address you 'xiao bai'!" She couldn't see but she felt the warmness seeping through his words and Bai Shuyin felt like melting into a puddle. 

From her line of sight, she could see the bodyguard had returned to his master's side and handed over the money pouch. There were hushed whispers before the Crown Prince spoke again. 

"I believe this is yours then?" Wu Jiangfeng held out the pouch towards Bai Shuyin, who hurriedly received it with both hands before bowing. 

"En, it belongs to my master. This servant once again thanks the Lord." 

"Your master? Pray tell this benwang, where is this master of yours?" 

Those words felt like a cold bucket of water was poured on her. But she really couldn't blame him. A lowly servant like her carrying a pouch filled to the brim with gold, anyone would have assumed the same. 

"This servant served Madam He, the owner of the largest tea house in NiuNu City. This pouch," Bai Shuyin gestured to the thing in her hand and said helplessly, "was given to this servant to acquire a few belongings for Madam He." 

Like hell he would believe it if she said the money was to buy her own clothes. It was even more of an absurd excuse to evade being accused of stealing. 

"Madam He's tea house?" 

"Yes, Your Highness." 

There were other hushed whispers above her and a series of delighted claps followed after. "What a coincidence! I am about to head there as well! You won't mind showing the way, right?" 

For a moment of silence, Bai Shuyin was too stunned to speak. How the hell could she forget about such detail when she just heard it in the morning?! 

***

Note:

Princes and the nobility refer to themselves as I, and may use benwang(I, this prince) or benfu(I, [who owns] this manor) in written documents.

AuthorKola: *pokes Bai Shuyin's head* Blame yourself for being so thirsty.