CHAPTER 14: Picking up the pieces

Start from the beginning

--------------------

"Jeron!" Thomas called me.

"Bakit bro?" I answered.

"Thanks for going to Angel's birthday party last saturday!" Thomas said.

"No problem bro. Kayo pa ni Angel! Of course I'll go." I said

"So, kamusta ka naman na right now?"

 "Hmm, How should I say this? I'm good. I'm doing better."

"That's nice to hear." he said. "Teka nga,  where were you the whole time nung nasa rooftop kami? You're missing the fun bro!"

"Ahhhhh..." What do I say???? 

"What?" He said.

"Nasa pool lang ako, nagpapalamig." I answered.

"Ikaw lang mag-isa?" He said. Then he gave me a teasing look.  

"Ha?!" I answered. Alam kaya niya?

"Stop answering like that! Napaghahalataan ka bro eh!" He told me.

"What do you mean?" I answered.

"Tsk!" He smirked. "I saw you with Angel's blockmate, I guess her name's Tasha"

 What? He saw us?

"Bro, nag-usap lang kami that time!" I answered.

"Wait, wow... Bakit ka defensive?" He answered back, with that teasing look again. Aish!

"No, I'm not. Baka kasi kung ano isipin mo eh!" I said.

"Teka teka, wala naman akong iniisip na ganyan eh. Why don't you tell me what you talked about para naman hindi na kita kulitin?" He answered.

"Why should I tell you?!" I said.

"Bakit? Is it that private na hindi mo man lang masabi sa best friend mo?" he smirked.

"No! It's just that...... Okay fine! Ang kulit mo Thomas!" I said. He showed me a happy face of a person who won the argument. 

THOMAS' POV

"Go ahead..." I answered.

"I was drunk, and when she got there, I asked her something stupid about letting go... not realizing she's someone I know." Jeron told me. 

"Then?" I said.

"We talked about moving on, and letting go. She answered me using her experience. She has been there, and she told me the things I need to do next. Lahat ng sinabi niya, totoo. I was really glad I asked her about that. It made me think about moving on" He answered

"Oh, buti naman." Well atleast that talk has helped Jeron to think about moving on, Finally. "Tasha seems nice." I said.

"Well I tell you, she is really nice!" Jeron said quickly.

Wow, I never expected that reply from Jeron. Akala ko he will reply na parang, "Uhm, okay" or just a nod. But instead, he aswered me with an assurance that my statement was true like he's known her for years. Hmmm, what's up with that, Jeron? 

JERON's POV