Chapter 28: The New Girl

Start from the beginning

Clay Jensen: You try debating her.

Hannah Baker: How is he?

Tony Padilla: He doesn't want to be touched. So don't try to get close or else he'll yell at you.

Clay Jensen: Hey, Tyler. How you doing?

Tyler looks zoned out.

Clay Jensen: Shall we get you home?

Tyler Down: Oh, my God... My parents...

Oh, god. He didn't.

Hannah Baker: Tyler... What did you do?

Tyler doesn't say anything. He just stands there all shook up. Tony carefully grabs Tyler's backpack & belt that was on the ground. Tony opens up his backpack...

Hannah Baker: Holy shit! Are those pipe bombs?

Tony Padilla: Yeah, and more guns and ammo.

Clay Jensen: Jesus.

We take Tyler's backpack and take it to the trunk of his car where we find a bag. Tony puts everything in the bag and he takes it to the trunk on his Mustang.

Tony Padilla: Okay, Tyler. We're gonna drive you home. We're gonna go inside with you. Whatever happens, it's gonna... It's gonna be okay.

Now I'm really scared. What if Tyler did kill his parents and we find their bodies? What do we do with Tyler if he did do it? Tyler rides with Tony in the Mustang while me & Clay drive in Tyler's car. We all go to Tyler's house as we walk him to the front door. Tyler begins to check his pockets.

Tyler Down: I don't have my keys.

Clay Jensen: Oh, right... Here.

Clay hands over his keys as Tyler unlocks the door and we all enter his house. We follow Tyler as he walks towards the kitchen

Mrs. Down: (Gasps) Tyler! Oh, Tyler. You're okay. Oh! We were so worried.

Thank god! Tyler didn't do anything to his parents. She was so worried about hm that she hugs him. Then she notices the bruises.

Mrs. Down: What happened to your head?

Clay Jensen: (Stammers) He fell earlier.

Hannah Baker: Yeah. We thought we would get him home safe.

Mrs. Down: Oh, you're Hannah Baker.

Hannah Baker: You heard about me.

Mrs. Down: Yes, Tyler told us what he did to you. He is very sorry for his actions.

Hannah Baker: I know. I ran into him yesterday at school and he apologized.

Mrs. Down: School? You're back at Liberty?

Hannah Baker: Yes. Me & my parents met with Principal Bolan. I come back on Monday.

Mrs. Down: Got to say, I'm surprised you would go back there after what happened. Speaking of, we got the text and then you weren't in your room. We didn't even know you'd gone to the dance.

Clay Jensen: Sorry, Mrs. Down. There was a text?

Mrs. Down: About the shooter. We got the text that the dance was being evacuated. We couldn't find you. Your father is down there now. Um, do your parents know that you're okay?

Tony Padilla: Yes.

Clay Jensen: I should check in.

Hannah Baker: Me too.