Decisions

A/N In many other books like this people and there wolves are like two separate minds, the same is true for shifters in this world. Although not for Skye. She and her wolf have a special understanding; they both share similar values and can easily understand the motivation between each species actions. It's basically like a second opinion or companion of our own inner voices or narratives or consciousness, however you prefer to interpret :)

My decision to do this did not happen without some weighty consideration, debates and outright arguments with myself. I'd racked my brain for everything and anything; I know it's foolish to act juristically without at first considering any and all repercussions: both negative and positive.
But in the end, after all my efforts, I'd come down to an ultimatum.
And I truly believe that what enabled me to come to this ultimatum and what stood in my way before was the purist thing of all.
The love I held.
For my family and friends and home and pack and life.
With everything I'd ever valued in life surrounding me, how could I have just left?
Some may consider me heartless and foolish, but I am aware of several factors in which they are not.
I am also slightly heartbroken at all of my left-behind belongings, and the ever so prominent twinge of guilt; I'll just have to keep reminding myself the reason why.

My paws drummed against the ground, rapid heart beats thrummed in my ears as obvious undertones to the hushing forests.
Animals and birds scattered in all directions as I flew through the forest. The Banes pack land is immense in size, certainly compared with the home.
Nobody would notice my departure unless I actually bump into them now, since I'm not part of the pack they won't even notice me leaving their land. Technically I became half a rogue when I left home, since I still belong to a pack I'm not actually rogue.
But roaming around on unclaimed lands of lands that don't belong to my own pack, well that would suggested to anyone around that I am a complete rogue.
Some packs have strong distastes for any kind of rogue, even the ones who choose to live a good human life. I've never understood that. So what if someone wants to do what they want, not having pack regulations and expectations.
That is definitely my cup of tea. Don't worry though! I don't actually drink tea...

I dug down, deep into the ground, pulling up the lighter top layer of soil and foliage, as I skidded and stumbled to an abrupt and urgent stop.