Chapter Twenty Eight: Plan

ATHENA

I CLOSED MY MIND AND REMAINED SILENT.

Hades was waiting for an answer from me, but I didn't bother to utter a single word. When we reach my place, nanghihina man ay kusa na akong bumaba mula sa kaniya. He didn't want to let go of me, but I did. He wasn't allowed inside, and Medusa knew that so she assisted me as I enter inside. Hindi ko nilingon si Hades kahit gustong-gusto ko iyong gawin.

I lied down on my bed, and closed my eyes. Medusa roamed around my room, providing my needs, and helped me to clean myself, change clothes, and the like. She even gave me a medicine to take from Asclepius so I will regain my strength that was severely affected because of the black magic that Hephaestus used.

"How do you feel, Athena? May I ask how did you get in there?" Medusa sat on the bed while I remained silent as I watch her actions around a while ago.

"I was about to pick up the weapon I entrusted with him. He's insisting that we should try because he had the same situation with Aphrodite years ago."

Nanlaki ang mga mata niya. "You mean... He's the one Aphrodite had an affair with before she became a queen?"

I nodded my head. "That's what he told me."

Hindi siya nakasagot. It's like she's processing the information I gave her. Hindi siya makapaniwala sa sinabi ko. I don't have to guess what Medusa's thinking because she left her mind open once again, and it seems like she's not aware of it. Nakatulala lang siya sa kawalan habang okupado ang isip niya. Most of her thoughts are questions, and assumptions how it happened between the three I just talked about her.

Umayos ako nang upo, at inilapit ang kamay ko sa kaniya. Medusa's drowned of her thoughts that she didn't notice my movement. When my hand reached her, I didn't hesitate and smacked her head. She jumped on her spot, and after a few seconds, she looked at me horrified and shocked. Mukhang natauhan na.

"Athena!" she exclaimed. "What the?!" she clutched the back of her head.

Sumandal ako muli. I frowned at her. "You mind is fucking open. What the?" I mocked.

She blinked and calmed down a bit. Her innocent eyes reflected guilt but she didn't say anything. I stared at Medusa and observed her. I don't think that she will learn to close her mind anytime soon. Medusa likes to be bare and carefree. She was just scarred because of the past, but she's still Medusa I used to know. A little girl in my eyes who used to looked up at me like I'm her big sister, and her inspiration to strive better than me.

Sometimes, I envy her. She's too focused on herself, and her inspiration. She's too carefree that didn't thought of romantic love, knowing that she's not bound to someone like me. She's just... wanting to explore.

One day, I want to be like her like how she looked up at me.

I want to be independent.

I want to be carefree and not in pain just because of romantic feelings that just ended up ruining me, and getting the worst version of myself out in me. I want to be bare... a naked truth of loving myself, my career, the people who treasures me, and not depending on anyone...but being inspired to strive harder every day.

"Medusa?" I called her.

"Mmm?" lumingon siya sa akin. I tapped the side of the bed for her to lie down beside me. She obliged in an instant.

"Do you know when's the wedding?" I asked.

She looked up at me. "Since it was announced already, it wouldn't take a month... maybe at the end of month..."