Chapter Twenty Three: Medusa

LYNX

I muffled scream escaped from my mouth when I washed my wound using the sea water. I almost teared up because of the pain I felt. When the blood was washed out away from my wound a little, I can see the broken sharp branch of a tree that pierced on my legs.

"Damn." I whispered.

Kinuha ko ang hinubad kong jacket. I crumple enough size to fit inside my mouth. I held my breath, and after a while of convincing myself that this wouldn't hurt, I pulled out broken sharp branch of a tree on my legs as fast as I could. My vision suddenly became blurry because of the wave of pain.

I lied down on the grounds, not minding the dirt it has. It's just been about three hours since the game started. Iisa pa lang ang nakakaharap ko and to my surprise, it wasn't a human but an animal! It shook the hell out of me that after I was able to knock off the wild fox, the monitoring device on my wrist gained points.

Fuck.

We are not informed by that. If it wasn't because of my reflexes, I would be the first one to die here in the arena.

When I regained my strength a bit, as well as the pain subsided, I opened the small box that I found along the way. When I opened it when I found it earlier, it was an emergency kit box. Hindi ko lang ginamit iyon dahil mas epektibong pang disinfect ang tubig dagat.

I wrapped bandage around my leg. I can't walk normally because of my would but I can endure. Adrenaline would surely kick in, in this place if it happens that I will be facing an enemy again. I started to make my way again. The arena is a forest that I don't know where but for sure, every angle of us are monitored in the headquarters.

I looked around to see the possible escape if worst happens. I marked the trees that trails the towards the entrance of the sea. Nang may mahanap akong puno ay pilit ko itong inakyat. I have to check the perimeter around. We weren't given a map to trace on. It was like walking in nowhere, with no destination at all.

I stopped in the easiest tree I could climb given with my injury. I ignored the pain as I climbed up from branches to branches, with the help of my spear, and bow and arrow. Nanghihina akong napasandal sa puno nang tuluyan na akong naka-akyat sa taas na gusto ko. I pulled out my binoculars and placed it in my eyes to see what's around.

I tried to memorize the landscape of the forest when I heard a strange sound from my side.

My heart pounded but I remained calm, slowly moving my hand to reach for my spear as to defend myself. It moved. It crawl towards my neck.

A snake.

A green venomous snake.

I held my spear tightly, and with the fastest reflexes I could muster, I pierced my spear on the head of the snake, which was few inches away from me. My spear pierced through the snake, and to the trunk of the tree. It was implanted there. Hinayaan ko na iyon at muling sumandal pabalik para magpahinga.

I was about to close my eyes when I saw a green smoke in front of me. I followed the trail of the smoke, and it led me to the snake beside me. When I looked at the snake I left dead, it was gone already—and it turned to a smoke.

What the fuck.

My heart pounded with curiosity. Luminga linga ako sa paligid, to see if the snake was just part of the game. I also check my wrist, but I didn't gain any score.

This is not part of the game.

What is this?

Is this from Olympus?

If this is from Olympus, then from who?

Is this a warning from the plan that Hades and I wanted to do?