Chapter Twenty Five: Blurry Memories

LNYX

"How was the war?" I looked back when I saw Mnemosyne behind me. The first thig I noticed from her was her auburn hair. Of all the Gods here in Olympus, she was the one who had the most unique hair.

"Fair fight." I answered. I just came back from a mission. It was a long-time cold war that has to end. It ruins the lives of the people over the years, and it's not healthy anymore. Using my power, I let hell break loose, and make action of the fight that they wanted to get over with. Along with that, I also used my powers to give them a proper reflection of the war that they were eager about. End point, both gained, and lost because of the war.

It has always been a human nature to start even a small commotion just to get what they want. People always wanted to pick up a fight over something when they should have known better. An enough peace, an open ear, and an open eyes will always be enough to stop the misunderstanding, and aim the goal that the both party wants.

People always wanted to complicate things, and the simplest snap of a finger can resolve the problem...and can stop the most possible worst war.

"Blood shed?" Mnemosyne sat beside me. If my actions as a Goddess of war was too modest like a God should, her actions were way opposite of me. She acts like a man in a body of a woman. Even the way she dresses, and sets her outfit.

Her ponytail in a tight, high bun, a folded scarf surrounded around her forehead, to the back of her head, minimal redefining of her face, and her natural lips. Her gray dress was not as long as ours, but almost above the knee. Kung hindi lang siya malalagot ay Aphrodite ay paniguradong hindi dress ang suot niya kung hindi damit na katulad sa mga mortal. Nonetheless of how she looks, she's still nice looking.

"Ayusin mo nga upo mo." Sita ko sa kaniya. Like me, I know that she's also resting since she's from a mission. We'll, we have missions every day. It is our duty. We we're born to do those duties. We have to guide mortals at our best, making them learn from their own mistakes, and giving them the safe place—a safe path despite of their wrong decisions.

And if time comes that one of us will not come back, mortals would be in great chaos... mortals will be nothing.

Mnemosyne looked at me flatly. "You do realize the way you sit, Athena."

I blinked and look at myself. I'm sitting on the bench here in an empty hall where every Gods usually spend their resting time. I'm sitting comfortably that I didn't realize that my right leg was on the bench where I was sitting, and my left hand was resting on my left knee, habang ang kanan ko ay nakatukod sa bench. I looked like an angry pirate at an ocean war!

"Shit," umayos ako nang upo.

Mnemosyne laughed at me. "Old habits die hard."

"Shut the fuck up." I swallowed a lump on my throat when pain strikes my heart like a lightning of that fuckboy Zeus.

Mnemosyne just laughed at me, and didn't say anything after a while. Ganon na lang din ang ginawa ko habang binabawi ang lakas ko na Nawala habang nakabantay ako sa misyon ko. Nang may maalala ako ay nilingon ko si Mnemosyne.

"How's Medusa?" I asked.

Medusa has been sick since for weeks now. She regained her powers in a most restricted way, and it took a toll on her body the moment she set her foot here in Olympus. Asclepius has been doing everything he can, and all of us has to wait for Medusa's recovery that will take with no definite time...or how long it will be.

"I think she's getting better. She's home now, Athena." Mnemosyne smiled and then her eyes flickered, which means it has something to do with her power. "Ow, Nemesis remembered..."