Chapter Fourteen: Resignation

LYNX

"Don't you feel well?" I blinked when I heard Hades' voice while we're eating in my room. He actually stopped eating when he noticed that I was out of my mind. I fell asleep, after Cassiopeia called. I fell asleep thinking, and woke up thinking again.

The team already went home, but Orion cooked food for the both of us before they left. Tinapos niya muna ang pagluluto bago sila umalis. Hades just woke me up to eat with him, saying they're done with the lesson while placing the food on bedside table.

I just stared at Hades, unable to talk. What Cassiopeia said over the phone engulfed my thoughts again. He's an official team mate, according to Cassiopeia, and she will train with us. We all are...for that reason... to win against each other. We are going to harness our skills together to hurt in order to win, and I'm not just thinking about Hades, but to Orion, Pisces, Aries, Hydra, and Cassiopeia. A concrete reason to worry and to overthink. I don't know if the team knows it already...I don't know.

But do we really have to do this?

"What's wrong?" He asked, softly when I didn't answer him.

How unreal, but he seems to ask like a sane person, asking me softly. Every hour passing by, and every second, I'm being slowly convinced that he's sane. Maybe, Cephus was right. He was just cultured in a different way. He's in a new phase of discovering things, and discovering himself once again, and my team did help him a lot, and I want it to continue that way. I just want them to be together, discovering things, and building strong friendship.

But things would change once they know about it already. It could be worst or better.

I just shook my head as an answer. I looked down, and concentrated on my food again, shunning away my thoughts and ignored his stares. Everytime, I look at his eyes, I keep on drowning myself in him.

Nagulat ako nang tumayo siya at lumabas ng kwarto. Moments later, he came back like nothing, and eat with me. I remained silently eating. "You have your dreams again?"

I shook my head.

"Look at me, Athena." It sounded like an order that I have to obey, so I did.

"Something happened?" He asked.

"Nothing." I knotted my forehead.

He placed something on the table and pushed it towards my plate. I stared at it, and before anything else, my heart started to race when I saw a bar of chocolate, as if he gave it to me to comfort me. I looked at him for a while, and I teared up. Nataranta ang mga mata niya nang makita ang pagluha ko.

"Athena..." He was about to stand up, but I stopped him.

I wiped my tears, "I'm fine..."

"Masakit ba 'yung sugat mo?" I shook my head answering him. I finished my food, pushing it a little toward him before laying down, and turning my back on him, holding what he gave to me. I hid under the blanket before I cried silently.

***

"Away kayo p're?" I heard Orion asked when I found them on the backyard, playing basketball. I hid behind the doors, and just watched them as they talk with each other. Hydra was dribbling the ball, and Hades' keep in chasing him, while the three keep on guard.

It's been days since I learned about the information from Cassiopeia, and I keep on thinking through it. I remained silent as I can, and the team keep on visiting my apartment every day to give Hades' free lessons. They always do things, or maybe they just include Hades' on the things that they used to do. They taught him how to cook, play, drive, and even visit online dating applications.