Chapter 58 Be Mine For A Final Day

Graduation practice just ended and we had 3 more hours of school left. Or should I say 3 hours of free time. I was walking down the hall headed to Laura's locker, thinking she was there. And she was.

She was cleaning out her locker.

Which to be honest, broke my heart. Not because she's removing our pictures on her locker door, but because it reminded me again that time will come and she'll leave for Europe.

I wrapped my arms around her waist from behind and rested my head on her shoulder.

She looked at her shoulder to see me staring at her empty locker. I sighed knowing regretting not moving in this school years ago.

Ross: I'm gonna miss you...

She sighs and turns around to face me. Making our foreheads an inch apart. Not the best idea to remind her that she's leaving.

Laura: Please don't.

I gave her a look.

Laura: I mean, yeah... Its sweet that you'll miss me. But I don't want to be reminded on how I left you...

My eyes were staring down a little. And no, I wasn't staring at her chest.

She saw my sadness and wrapped her arms around my chest.

Laura: Ma-maybe...I shouldn't go.

I don't even know who's sadder now. But the odds are its definitely her. Leaving someone she loves. What a pain that would leave. No, what a scar.

Ross: no! I don't want to be the reason that you're not living your dream.

Her eyes about to tear up again. Oh great, look what i've done.

Ross: hey. Don't cry. Just think of this. I'm happy you're going to Europe.

A single tear then slides down her eye. Wow, bad move Ross.

Laura:y-you're happy I'm le-leaving? (She stammers)

I then cupped her cheeks with my hands while I keep telling her "no no no no"

Ross: no, its not that. Im happy because you're one step closer to you're dream. (I smiled)

She didn't say another word and just buried her head on my chest. From the looks on my wet shirt, she's crying her eyes out.

Ross: I'm sorry... (I whispered)

---ROMEO'S BALCONY---

Whats worse about a girlfriend that's leaving is time. How much time left she has with me. I know how selfish this might sound but I dont want her to spend with anyone els besides me. She leaves tomorrow. After graduation. 9pm.

It never occurred to me how much time we had left. I never even noticed that tomorrow was the day. Not the day of graduation. But the day she'll leave me. Leave her home. Leave her balcony.

But I told myself i'll be strong, happy. Cause thats what a good boyfriend does.

We were in the side of the gym. It was slightly raining. Those missing stars sire showed a sign of rain. What an effect to add to my sadness.

We were seated at one of the benches. My arm around her as we watch some varsity players and other guys play basketball.

Brooklyn: HEY ROSS! (I looked at his direction) Wanna play?

I shook my head a no and just pointed to Laura. He gets it already. Laura looked at me and smirked a little.

Laura: I don't want to hold you back in playing basketball. (She mimics me)