Chapter 52 Rejections and Commitments

Ross' pov

The day before prom. Everything must be ready. And as Raini says "Perfect". Everyone was practically scattered in the gym, cafeteria and some are just cutting classes.

Everyone in the gym were the busiest. I was up high in a ladder, trying to hook the theme banner on the metal poles. Today is pretty busy for me. For starters, some girls are still trying to ask me out. But since Im always so near to Laura, she tends to be a bit upset. Even thou I reject them.

I soon got the banner all set and climbed down the ladder only to be greeted by Kara.

Ross: oh hey... Kara right?

She just smiled and nodded. Please don't ask me to prom. I mean I don't get it. Aren't guys suppose to ask girls to the prom? Im flattered by all the asking but where are all the guys around here? Been in school for 3 hours and already 4 girls asked me.

Ross: uhh, need anything?

Kara: Ohh umm, not really. But how about you? Do you need anything from me? Or do you need to ask me something?

Another full of herself girl. We're only together in like 3 classes. And talked for like once.

Ross: hmm, not really.

I then started walking to the toolbox and placed the hammer in, and removed my gloves.

Kara: you sure? Not even about prom?

I then gave her another look and she was just smiling.

Ross: oh yeah, I do have a question...

Her face then lightens up.

Kara: REALLY?! What is it? (She said eagerly)

Ross: have you seen my girlfriend anywhere?

---ROMEO'S BALCONY---

Laura's pov

Sitting at the cafeteria all alone with three empty cups of coffee as Itry my best to fix the prom's schedule. After this all i have to think about is how to fix my hair.

I was on my laptop thinking of songs that we could play in prom. We're actually a little low on funds to hire a DJ. So we got the next best thing ... Calum.

I downloaded the latest slow songs and up beat songs for him to play on the DJ booth tomorrow night.

Gosh I'm tired.

I then felt arms wrapped around my neck and a chin rested on the top of my head.

Ross: hey marshmallow.

That nickname Still gets me every time. I smiled at him and he lets me go and takes a seat next to mine.

Ross: so how's the music coming along?

I saved my work and closed my laptop and placi it to the side.

Laura: well I think i have it all worked out.

He gave me a smirk to sorta tell me that he's kinda doubting me.

Ross: you think? Since when is Laura Marshmallowrano not 100% sure?

Ok seriously I don't know when why Marshmallows ever came to his mind as a nickname. Even if it is cute to hear.

Laura:well I'm in charge of like half the things for prom.

Ross: yeah you seem stress. (He teased)

I slapped him playfully with my papers and stood up from my seat.

Ross: hey where are you going? (He smiles as he grabs my wrist)

Laura: to go see Raini. I have a lot of more things to do.

He sighs and just lets go of my wrist. It was my turn to give him a neck hug and thats when I wrapped my arms around his neck, despite the things I'm holding.

Laura: don't worry, tomorrow night is gonna be worth it.

He smiled at what I said and I pecked his cheek as I went off. After taking like 10 steps, I stopped and looked back to him.

Just let him down easy tomorrow Laura. After Prom.

Laura: I'm sorry Ross... (I whispered to myself)

---ROMEO'S BALCONY---

Raini's pov

Where in the world is Calum?!

I've been shouting that to everyone for the past 3 hours. Probably hiding, I kinda treat him like a servant around here.

Raini: TRES!

Tres then see's me and slowly walks towards me.

Tres:y-yes?

Raini: where is Calum?

His face was blank trying to think.

Tres: I dont... Know?

I rolled my eyes and walked away from him and into the cafeteria. Where is that little ginger?

I spot the blonde hair of Ross. He was talking to this girl. The girl was twirling her hair with her finger. And the next thing you know, her face changes and she got furious and stormed away.

I then approached Ross and he was calm, texting.

Raini: uhhh Ross?

Ross: look I said no.

I then sat beside him and he realized it was me.

Ross: oh Raini, I thought you were a girl.

I gave him an "excuse me?!" Look.

Ross: no I mean, I thought you were a girl trying to ask me out.

Oh I see. Believe me 2 of my friends actually wanted me to ask Ross if he would be their prom date. So I told them we weren't close. But of course they didn't believe me. But I still didn't ask.

Raini: whoa how many have you rejected?

Ross: 5.

Raini: loyal to Laura I see ( i smiled as this actually relieved me a little today)

Ross: committed.

-------

Vote and comment

Back on the charts

#703 in fanfiction. Love you all