83

Thank you all for your patience and for your votes/comments on this story. So appreciated. I was so happy to write it and to watch people enjoy it. Hopefully you enjoy this last chapter. I'm currently writing an extra story with one shots of  future diane and lou!

Thank you again.
(I edited this chapter to make it longer!)
Enjoy.

LOU'S POV:

A couple days went by and Diane was getting better, so eventually I was out of her place and back home resuming everything we had learned at school the past weeks.

I needed to get ready for finals that were soon starting in three weeks, and in just two months I would be a graduate.

I tried my best to distance my thoughts from the mention of marrying Dee at some point, I tried to keep myself busy.

I talked it with Allie, and of course she wasn't too understanding.

I didn't want to talk about it with Nicole or mom, because I knew them too well. I knew my mom would freak out like I did, and Nicole would say something nice that wouldn't help.

But I was a bit frightened.

And I hated feeling frightened over nothing, over just comment.

So I focused on the history theory in front of me, and I tried to summarize what the hell it was about. - I had read it about five times but I couldn't get myself to understand it. Not with the thought of sick Diane in bed making a little comment (or joke, or whatever it was) about being her wife.

So I made myself a cup of coffee and went back to the books.

I checked my phone. Messages from Diane asking what I was doing and how my day went.

It was wrong to, but I just ignored the texts she had sent me.

After a while I felt myself brain-exhausted and went to bed early.

*

A week went by. I saw Diane twice. We went out to a nightclub she knew, somewhere private, somewhere sutil where she was sure nobody would know us.

Thank God she was right.

We had fun that night, we danced, she had a couple drinks, I had some soda. We smoked on the roof of that place and then she took me back home after I told her I'd rather be back home because I had school the next day.

I could see she was disappointed I wasn't going to stay the night with her, but I wasn't going to apologize for it.

Then a couple nights later she came to mines, she helped me understand something from English class. Something about grammar, I don't know. Also she helped with a couple complicated words I didn't know.

We kissed that night, and then she had dinner with me and my mom.

She left that night with a small smile, but the same disappointment written in her face, as if she was afraid I wasn't interested in her anymore.

I was just processing things still.

My love for her was so strong and so big, but I was entitled to be a bit afraid.

I was entitled to let myself think for a while about things.

*

Weeks passed and finals week was just a week away. She understood why I couldn't mingle at her home, she understood that I was stressed and trying to get information into my brain.