80

DIANE'S POV:

Justin was a pain in my ass.

I loved my students, most of them anyways, but this little bitch wasn't one of them.

It was the first day and I already wanted to kill Justin Hess. Of course, he thought he was a bad boy, that he was cool, even if all he had was a rude personality and no friends. Commenting on my supposed to be hickey wasn't nice at all, and what was even worse was to realize I in fact had a hickey behind my ear.

A noticeable one.

I couldn't hate Lou, so I had to hate Justin.

I hated him.

At least I had some emergency makeup in my car, so when the bell rang for the first break of the day, I ran to fix it up. I thought I had covered them all, but of course that one slipped.

I missed Lou though. My previous first date was in her high school and the first face that had caught my attention was hers. It was weird not seeing her on the hallways, or waiting for a second to smile at her from afar, or just wave.

Instead now I had new colleagues and new students, new people that could learn to hate me.

"I remember you, from the last couple of months last year." They said. I had forgotten her name, but I remembered her from last year too.

"I'm Jen, and you're Diane, right?" She asked.

I nodded, "Yeah that's me."

And now this Jen person was about to witness me work on removing a hickey from my skin. Great. I hated that the teacher's bathroom was like the students one, but only for teachers, so other teachers could walk in on you... putting makeup on your hickeys.

I looked back at the mirror, working with some powder, and she just stared at me through the mirror.

Then she worked on touching up her own makeup, and I thanked that she stopped staring at me.

Then the devil called, "Hello, criminal." I responded, "How's your first day going?"

"Good. What do you mean criminal?"

"I'm stuck in the teacher's bathroom covering a hickey you left behind my ear." I said, working on it.

Lou laughed out loud on the phone, and Jen walked out the bathroom.

"God, I'm sorry, I thought I had helped you with all of them." Lou said.

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah well, maybe you forgot one on purpose to remind me how it got there in the first place."

"I didn't. But I'll think of that next time. I've got to go." Lou said and soon we both ended the call.

It had been a crazy month. Lou and I had almost officially gotten back together, and there was just something that told me that this way around we would work things out.

I had had worked on my communication.

I would tell Lou about my day, I would journal as adviced by my therapist (who I actually liked and enjoyed talking to), and I would sometimes share those sentiments and thoughts with Lou.

Things were good.

Or at least that's what I thought.

I left the teacher's bathroom and spotted Franky. Or Lilac hair. Or whatever her name was.