76

LOU'S POV:

I pinched the bridge of my nose, irritated, "Yeah well you could tell me when there's a possibility I could walk into a very sweaty Diane who just came back from the gym." I basically yelled on the phone.

"I completely forgot to tell you." My sister sighed, and I could picture her annoyed expression perfectly, "I had a whole list on my mind about things we had to get for the place, I forgot that I had to warn you about your tall and attractive ex girlfriend."

"Thank you for pointing that out." I looked out the window as the Uber drove away from my sister's apartment complex.

My lips still tingled from the kiss that I had just given Diane.

"What, you wouldn't have dropped off that box if you knew? You probably would have specially gone to see her." She said.

"What?!"

Nicole scoffed, "I saw how you looked at her at the bar the other night. You were all over her."

"I wasn't."

"You were, you just hate to admit that you're weak when she's near."

"I was just calling because you should have given me a heads up, that's all." I said. "Where are you anyway."

"Home Depot, we're getting plants."

"That's so gay." I chuckled.

"Okay, I have to go. We have a succulent situation. Bye."

Nicole hung up on me. And I was back to being in that uber, listening to the driver's country music playlist.

I was confused as to what the kiss meant, in every way. I had mixed feelings about what Diane had said before that, and I had mixed feelings about the kiss too.

I wanted to stay strong and indifferent, as if I was doing better without her, but I knew damn well that I wanted her, and that kiss was probably the best that had happened in the past four months ever since I broke things off between us.

Her chat was long forgotten on my phone, but now I was battling if I should text her or not. If I should give her a shot, if I should trust that she didn't lie to me thirty minutes ago, before her tongue was down my throat.

But it was too late because she texted me first.

Hi. Thanks for that good luck gift. Very needed.

I smiled at her dumb text.

I'll be at the same bar as last time tomorrow night, celebrating if it happens to be the case... I'd love to see you and talk with you.

She texted.

I didn't text back.

I put my phone back on my pocket and tried to think of what I should reply, or if I should make an appearance at that bar. I wasn't sure.

*

DIANE'S POV:

I practically threw my phone to the floor after I sent that dumb text. I was feeling stupid, even childish for sending her that. There was a reason why Lou broke up with me in the first place, and as much as I was daydreamed of fighting for her, I wasn't sure that would work out.

It was as if I had become my worst enemy.

I sat back on the couch, that was also my bed. And took a deep breath before I texted her again; I'm sorry if I'm making you uncomfortable. I don't know what I'm doing. I just know I miss you, like I said today.