Chapter 23

"Jeongie! Wait for me!" the little girl was running but suddenly, she tripped on something. Minjeong rushed towards her.

"Jiminie, be careful, I'm here." Minjeong said as she offered her hand to help Jimin. The latter had her knees wounded and Minjeong noticed it.

"Jiminie it's bleeding! I need to get some band aids, wait for me here, okay?" Jimin nodded and Minjeong left running. She was patiently waiting for her but a group of boys appeared in front of her. Jimin was too terified to shout for help.

"Oh, if it isn't the clumsy Jimin." The boy in the middle said with a smirk.

"And she's alone!" he added. Jimin was too terrified to shout for help. As the boys were walking closer to her, she was stepping back. The boy in the middle pushed her harshly which made her fell to the ground. The others surrounded her and started to throw some rocks on her. Jimin could only cry. A boy kicked her stomach which made her groan in pain. The others started kicking her too.

"LEAVE HER ALONE!" they were stopped by Minjeong's loud voice. She pushed the boys away as she went to Jimin who was looking at her with tears in her eyes. Minjeong clenched her fist and punched a boy which made the others ran away but she was too fast to block their way.

"Now you guys are scared of me, especially you, Heeseung? Well ya'll should be." Minjeong said with a blank face which send shivers to their spine. Minjeong quickly got a hand of Heeseung's hair which made the latter cried in pain.

"I-i'm sorry Minjeong!" Minjeong frowned as she punched his face. Heeseung was holding his face while laying down on the floor, crying in pain. The other boys ran away but Minjeong chased them. She threw the bottle that she was holding in front of them which made the boys tripped. Minjeong stepped on their faces.

"I will never forgive you all, remember this day, if you hurt Jiminie again, I will kick all of your balls until they bleed, understand?" Minjeong threatened them and they nodded as they ran away from her. Minjeong sprinted her way to Jimin who was smiling at her, weakly.

"I'm sorry Jiminie," Minjeong said as she wiped the tears off from Jimin's face.

"It's okay my Jeongie." Jimin smiled which made Minjeong sighed. The smaller tried to carry her and she succeeded. They were about to reach their perspective room but a staff stopped them.

"Kim Minjeong! You'll be grounded for a week because of the troubles you have caused."

-

"I'm sorry Jeongie.." Jimin apologized as she handed some biscuits to Minjeong, secretly. Minjeong was grounded, more like imprisoned because she was in a room filled with bars.

"It's okay Jiminie, I did the right thing to protect you. Don't worry about me, it's only seven days." Minjeong said with a reassuring smile. Jimin sobbed because she couldn't bare to see her bestfriend locked in a room. Jimin held her hand which made Minjeong a bit teary eyed.

"How's Ningning?"

"She's sick but she's going to be fine soon, I'm here to take care of her." Jimin said which made Minjeong sighed in a relief. The latter sat down and Jimin did the same. She pulled out an MP3 player and an earphone. Jimin plugged it in and played a song as she gave the other bud to Minjeong. The latter hummed while a tear fell down from her eyes.

"It's our favorite, Yellow." Jimin said with an eyesmile. Minjeong leaned closer as she kissed the older's forehead which made her blushed. Jimin was startled when she heard some footsteps approaching them. She quickly gave the MP3 to Minjeong and waved goodbye as she ran away.

-

"Unnie! I missed you!" Ningning pulled Minjeong into a tight hug which made Jimin smiled. Minjeong already spent a week inside the detention room and today, she's free.

"Group hug!" Jimin shouted and joined their hug. Minjeong looked at the older and their eyes met.

"So, were they bullying you guys again?" Minjeong asked as she broke the hug, both of them shook their head.

"They were too afraid to get near to us unnie! I wonder why!" Minjeong chuckled at Ningning's excitement.

"Good. How bout you Jiminie? How's your wounds?" Minjeong shifted her eyes at Jimin, the latter smiled as she show her wounds covered with band aids. Minjeong sighed in relief as she handed the MP3 back to Jimin.

"It's yours.." Minjeong shook her head.

"It's ours.."

-

"Jeongie, what if I'm gone?" Minjeong turned her head to the girl sitting beside her with a surprised look in her face. They were both sitting on the park's bench while stargazing.

"What are you saying Jiminie? Are you leaving us?" Jimin shook her head.

"I just wanna ask.." Minjeong sighed as she pulled Jimin closer to her.

"Then, I wouldn't forget about you, I will always remember you, and our favorite song." Jimin smiled at what she said.

"Promise?" Jimin said as she pulled her pinky finger in front of Minjeong.

"I promise." Minjeong answered as they put their pinkies together.

"Jiminie.." Minjeong called her but she just hummed.

"Don't leave me.. please." Minjeong shed a tear and Jimin saw it. The latter pulled her into a tight embrace and Minjeong couldn't stop herself from crying.

"Shh, I won't leave you, I promise.. I'm here.." Jimin said as she caressed the younger's hair. Minjeong buried her face into Jimin's shoulder as she cried even harder.

-

It was morning, as usual, Minjeong woke up early. She looked at Jimin beside her but she wasn't there. She stood up and look for her in the kitchen, still no sign of her.

"Hey, have you seen Jiminie?" the girl shook her head. Minjeong kept looking and looking for her everywhere, still, no sign of Jimin. She was getting worried and nervous at the same time. Minjeong was running around until she saw Ningning, crying in the corner.

"Ning! Why are you crying?"

"Jimin unnie!" Minjeong panicked when she heard Jimin's name while Ningning was still crying.

"What happened to Jiminie?"

"Someone took her away!" Ningning cried as she pointed at the door, Minjeong didn't hesitated to run. When she's outside, she saw Jimin with a guy, walking towards a van.

"JIMINIE!" Minjeong shouted but it wasn't enough for Jimin to hear.

"JIMINIE! JIMIN!" Minjeong shouted at the top of her lungs and Jimin heard it. The latter just looked at her with tears in her eyes. Minjeong smiled at her and started to run towards their direction, but it's too late, the guy took Jimin inside the car. Minjeong didn't stop running, she couldn't afford to lose Jimin.

"DON'T LEAVE ME JIMINIE! PLEASE!" she shouted as she run as fast as she could, but it's not enough, the car was already too far from her. Minjeong kneeled down and cried her heart out. She lost her, she lost Jimin.