Chapter 12: The Delvey In The Room

The next few hours went by quickly. Harlan and Audrey stopped by their hotel, and each entered their own rooms, agreeing to meet in the lobby as soon as possible.

Harlan walked in his room, and opened his luggage. He took out the first thing on top, his white tuxedo. Harlan put on the white polo, charcoal trousers, blue holster-suspenders, white blazer, and finally, the red carnation. Harlan loaded his pistol and put it in his holster-suspenders. Harlan went out the elevator and went to the lobby where he waited for Audrey.

As Harlan waited, he took out a fob watch from his pocket and opened it to check the time. Before he could close it however, his eyes went to the photo of Jas in the pocket watch. Harlan looked at the photo sadly, remembering the times he had with her, on this country's soil.

After a few minutes of staring at the photo, Audrey walked out the elevator.

Audrey: Hey.

Harlan: Hey.

Audrey: You ready?

Harlan: Let's go.

The two walk out of the hotel lobby and to the busy Korean street. Harlan and Audrey walked till they reached a mansion. Before they went in, Audrey stopped Harlan.

Audrey: You got the invitations?

Harlan brought out the invitation.

Audrey: Good, take these as well.

Audrey took out a pair of glasses. Harlan took them.

Audrey: I assume you know how these work. Connected it to mine... here.

Audrey takes out her pair.

Audrey: You see what I see and hear what I hea-

Audrey's phone rings.

Audrey: Excuse me, I gotta take this.

Audrey walks away and answers the phone. Harlan puts on the glasses and it scans his face and confirms his identity. The lens let Harlan see the identifications of everyone attending. He looks at Audrey, who is talking on the phone. The glasses let him hear what she's saying.

Audrey: -yeah he's here.

...

Audrey: NO! You said after this-

...

Audrey: Understood.

Audrey ends the call and walks to Harlan.

Harlan: Who was that?

Audrey: My dad. C'mon.

Harlan and Audrey walk to the concierge.

Concierge: Name?

Harlan: The name's Brandle. Harlan Brandle.

_.-

Harlan looks around in the party from the balcony. Many men and women in fancy clothes walking around.

Audrey: See Marcos anywhere?

Harlan: Negative. You said it's a black market auction tonight?

Audrey: Yes.

Harlan: Any idea what it is they want?

Audrey: No.

Harlan: If it's an auction, we have to assume that whatever they want is already here. Go check around the mansion, it must be hidden here.