5: The Song

Katryna prepared me enough. I can do this. There is nothing to be afraid of.

All of these thoughts went through my head as the dancing group finished their ballet routine. The crowd applauded as I looked over at Quinn who seemed calm but I knew she wasn't inside.

I wasn't sure of what I looked like. Probably calm but I was not. It was like the Harlem Globetrotters were bouncing the ball and doing crazy tricks in my stomach.

"Next up is Emma Washington and Quinn Terrain doing a singing duet!" The announcer spoke with excitement in her voice and that gave me hope that I would not fail.

I glanced over at Quinn and she looked back at me then winked. Describing how supportive and awesome Quinn is wouldn't even cover all.

I walked out on stage with Quinn who stood next to me. We both had microphones standing on poles in front of us. The crowd applauded which I was not expecting then the music started.
Me and Quinn had a pattern planned out in our heads that told us who would sing what and when.
First Quinn then me so while Quinn was singing I quickly scanned the audience for Caitlin, Shaynah and any other friends. Then it was my turn and as I was singing I spotted them over by the ladder like they said they would.
I grinned as Quinn sang then we both sang together.
***
After the entire talent show I was smothered with compliments and hugs. My friends ran over to me along with Shaynah. Caitlin wasn't there though so that sparked my curiosity.
"Shaynah do you know where Caitlin went?" I asked.
"No but she left the school a few minutes ago so she probably has something important."
"Yeah probably. So is that ice cream shop still open?" I asked while smiling.
"Well let me think... Yes it is! Emma you were amazing!"
"Thanks!" I said blushing a little.
"Can we bring more people or just me and you?"
"Yeah totally! Let's see... Amelia, Abbie, Victoria, Paige, Skyla, Lily is that it?"
I laughed because she literally names all my friends who were here. "Yup but I really wish V-ROD was here. She had her play so I understand but I haven't seen her in so long!"
"I know", Shaynah gave me a hug and said, "She's a good person so she will most likely NOT miss the next important night for you."
"Thank-you."
Shaynah gave me a big hug and went to go round up all of my friends for ice cream. I never really understood why we have an inside joke about an ice cream shop being open but it is funny.

When I was in 7th grade I had a big party and Shaynah and V-ROD came. They both seemed to like each other so now they are also friends.

I watched as Shaynah for everyone and told them where we were going. Laughing to myself, I told Shaynah I was going now and I would see her soon.
---------------------------------------------
Hey! In case you were wondering, Caitlin is up to something. Btw Caitlin has a Wattpad called justcallmecaitlin Shaynah also has one called Squishy7429 they write really good stories so I recommend you check them out. Thanks!
Hailey xxx