3: Talent Show

The next day at school, they announced our winning on the loud speaker and congratulated us with claps and whoops and hollers.

It was the middle of English Honors when the host of the school talent show came up to me and asked if I wanted to join with Quinn. I asked about Charlotte and they said she declined the offer. I agreed because I would be taking lessons with Katryna daily to improve. It turns out I actually like singing.

That is how I got where I currently am.
----------------------------------------------
I finished my make up and went to my room to put my clothes on. My outfit consisted of a white shirt with fringe that said "Free Spirit" on it. A multi-colored, long shall went over it with ripped jeans and light brown heeled short boots. I had my hair down, with a small braid going from the right side, all the way down. A sunflower crown was wrapped around my head.

I didn't pick this out, Charlotte did but it didn't even look like something I would normally wear. Although, It did describe the song I was singing very well, Wake Me Up by Avicii.

In the car, Charlotte was helping me do voice warm-ups as she drove to our high school. After that, I asked the question that has been bugging me.
"Why didn't you want to do the talent show?"
"You. I wanted to give you a chance."
"But you could've done it with me."
"I feel that you will become the family's new singer." The tone she was taking with me made it seem like she was giving up.
"So your giving up singing so I can do it?"
"Exactly." I was right and feel kind of bad. Taking Charlotte away from what she loved was never my intention but I wouldn't stop doing what I now loved so she can do it instead.
"So your not mad at me."
"Well honestly I kind of am."
"Why?" Charlotte's calm voice made me angry at her. She wouldn't look at me either.
"You stole something from me that I loved and that, that is why I am mad."
"It wasn't my choice though! I felt bad saying no because Katryna was crying."
"I would have done the same."
"Then why are you mad at me?"
"It's hard to explain. It's almost like something is blowing inside me that makes me mad even though I would have done the same thing."

I knew exactly what she meant. "You mean jealously?"
"Yeah, I guess so."

Charlotte pulled into my school and wished me good-luck. As she pulled away, I waved at her car and she looked, but didn't wave back. What a great encouragement speech.