Chapter Eleven

****Hey guys!
I published a new Levi Ackerman story!! It's called, Little White Lies and it takes place during the time Levi and his comrades visit Marley! Please check it out and I do hope you enjoy!!💜***

It was never odd for me to wake up the next morning without any recollection of the night before. Of course, it was irritating considering the painful headache I had to overcome but it was expected. Waking up with a splitting headache and a churning stomachache only proves how much I drank—-and how irresponsible I was.

But what does that matter? The only thing worth mentioning this morning was that I awoke to beaming rays of morning sun cascading over my eyes. It was annoying and downright frustrating considering how much I wished to sleep.

But what was more off-putting was the man who sat on the edge of the bed, staring down at me. His silver eyes gleamed in the morning sun. His gaze seemed soft but strong at the same time.

A frown painted over Levi's features. He'd discarded his usual attire deciding to downsize it. That meant shorts and no shirt.

Droplets of water sprinkled his ivory skin, his onyx hair still wet. He took a shower. I tried raising my body but a wave of pain rushes to my head.

I groan at the hammering sensation—God this hurts like shit. I slam my face into the pillows hoping to numb the pain.

"Don't move so abruptly." Levi orders. "You'll throw up again."

"Again?" I repeat muffled before turning my head. I don't remember about throwing up let alone being in a bathroom.

Levi's nose scrunches while he nods, "Yes, again. You've been hugging the toilet all night."

I frown at his words—it didn't ring a bell. I tried to remember but my temples only throbbed in response. I assume I drank more than I could.

"I don't remember," I mumble.

"Of course you don't." Levi huffs. "You'd practically drowned yourself in alcohol last night. I didn't expect nothing less from you."

I wasn't sure if he was merely stating a fact or if he was being rude. Levi worked his face into a stoic expression like always, but he looked tired. Exhausted seemed like better word though. His eyelids were droopy and a dark shadow was starting to shade itself underneath his eyes.

"Did you—stay up all night of because of me?" I frown.

"Clearly," he replies. "Who else was going to take care of your sorry state?"

"I'm just asking. . ." I avert my gaze to the white fabric sheets. I was used to his bluntness by now, but it felt wrong to hear his tone take such a sharp turn.

Even though my head was a throbbing mess I couldn't help but detect a heavy sensation overshadowing my body. It was like my heart sunk to my stomach while my tongue felt heavy in my mouth. I wasn't sure why I felt miserable or even guilty at that, but I knew I wasn't comfortable.

The sheets found their way into the palms of my hands and I began to fumble with the fabrics. I close my eyes—maybe if I pretend to go back to sleep he wouldn't be upset anymore. For a moment only silence filled the room. Levi's gaze was still on me and I was doing my best to ignore his piercing stare.