Chapter One

One punch after the other. I kept throwing my fists outward with each time hitting the target. I watched as my knuckles once again collide with the fabric dummy. Each hit had landed on its chest--it wasn't hard enough.

I changed my breathing, forcing myself to suck in a sharper breath allowing myself to sharpen my focus. I willed my strength into my fists as I felt my body beginning to move faster. I hit the dummy harder than before.

I barely felt the stinging sensation that vibrated off my knuckles. Slowly everything around me began to merge into a single blur. It had seemed as though it was just me and my target.

And I was fine with that. I continue with my hits for I knew it was all that mattered to me. I felt nothing as I channeled all my anger and frustration towards the target.

I felt my emotions turning into power. My adrenaline was pumping strongly through my veins, like an endless pipe of strength gushing through me. I savored the feeling like it was some sort of high I missed dearly.

My eyes were focused but also blazing with wildness. I was reaching my limit, felt the small amount of stamina in me now beginning to cease. But I wasn't done. Not yet.

I had to keep punching--to keep fighting. I pull back my fists as I take a small step backward. I bounced on my toes as I eyed the only place that would send this dummy flying.

The head. With one single breath, I sidestepped my left leg as I pivoted my hip towards it. With a small battle cry, I raised my right knee and threw a sidekick. It hits mark, the ball of my foot landing center of the dummy's face.

A small snap greeted my ears then the sound of the whistling wind. Leg still out I watched as the dummy snaps off it's wooden post and fly across the yard. It smashed three some empty crates, splinters of wood flew threw the air. I release a shallow breath, guess I took it too far.

"Hm, seems like you're the culprit then."

The presence of another person slightly startles me. I figured I was alone outside tonight. Still, the voice had quickly ceased my surprise and found it in myself to take in a breath.

Listening to the solid footsteps I lower my leg. Turning around my gaze meets with a pair of cerulean eyes. Usually I would find myself panicking or downright stiff under that gaze.

Now, it barely fazes me. "Culprit of what exactly?" I quested as I watch Erwin stop before me.

I eyed his attire; he wore a simple white shirt and loose grey sweats. Under the stars and moon I barely made out of what seems to be sweat dripping from his temples. His usually well-kept blond hair was a little disheveled, an obvious feature that he had a good run.

He had crossed his arms, inspecting my attire as well. I had probably looked ridiculous in front of him seeing as my hair was unruly as well as how unusual my attire was. I wore a simple white nightgown that gave no favor in covering my body well.

It was short, the fabric ending at least three inches above my knees. Spaghetti-straps were present upon my shoulders. Not to mention my feet were bare.

It was obvious I had trouble sleeping and needed a way to exert my energy, but I make no move to explain myself. Instead, I stand very still in front of him waiting for his response.

"That's the sixth ruined dummy I came across with this month," Erwin finally replies with his eyes meeting my own. He crosses his arms with a small frown. "And you're wearing a quite the gown."

I scoff with an eye roll at his last comment. Despite the glimmer of teasing in his eyes I was no mood to be his source of amusement. I brush past him with my feet pattering against the stone ground.