Chapter 51 Final Battle

Começar do início

Izana regarded her. Something had changed since the last time he saw her. She seemed more dangerous than before. He could sense the bloodlust coming from every inch of her body. The look in her eyes told him what he needed to know. She had the gaze of a killer. She was not merely threatening him.

Still. He kept his ground. With his back straight, he approached her. He watched her as her eyes narrowed even further. Her body took a defensive stance. For just an instance, he saw the look of hesitance in her eyes before they looked deadly again with silent warning to stay away from her.

"I promised my brother that I would do everything to bring you back to him."

"Ha?" she pointed the tip of her katana to his throat now to keep him from coming any closer. "You will need to kill me then. I have no intention to give up on my goal to rule the world. No one can stand in my way."

"You'll kill him, Kairi." Izana saw the flash of worry in her eyes for a moment. "Your brother told us everything. About all the futures. Of what your brother has fought for all this time. If you continue on this path you will kill my little brother. I can't allow that. I won't allow that."

I... I kill Mikey...? Thoughts began to devour her.

"I wouldn't-"

"You will. By leaving him. You are killing him, Kairi."

Doubt began to cloud her mind. She shook her head. Her body began to shiver from the cold now. She took a few steps back.

"I wouldn't."

"Takemitchy says otherwise. He heard it from the future you. Mikey kills himself because of you."

Her eyes widened. Mikey commits suicide because of her?

"Apparently, this is when you are supposed to take my life and show that you will never come back. That you are too far gone." He smiled, "Tell me, Kairi. Are you? Are you too far gone that you would kill me and kill Mikey's heart?"

Despite being drenched, her mouth became dry. Her distorted mind had that thought. She had planned to show everyone that she wasn't ever going to be saved by taking Izana's life. She did not know him. She had no attachment to him. He would be the easiest for her to kill and protect the others by having them turn their backs on her. But if killing him meant that Mikey would end his own life... What should she do? Would Mikey still take his own life even if he knew about this future? Should she risk it?

"Kairi!"

The shout cut her thoughts but she made no attempt to look at the speaker.

Ayato continued, "Don't do it!"

Kairi felt like someone was gripping tightly to her heart that it would burst. The pain she had suffered the last two years was making her tremble. But she had to stay strong. Her katana was still aiming for Izana's throat.

"He- He is my brother, Kairi! Please!" Ayato begged.

"Why would that matter to me?!" Kairi shouted in a growl, the tension in her body growing more intensely.

The fighting around them had stopped to watch the scene. Everyone looked as they saw Kairi aiming her sharp blade to Izana's throat. The Seven had surrounded their leader, keeping anyone away from the scene to prevent their intervention.

Ayato kept being pushed back by Katsuhiro. Baji tried to help her but he was surrounded by Sinners. No one could break through. All they could do was watch in helpless silence as the rain continued to pour down on them.

"Kairi!" She flinched at the voice of her brother. "He is Ayato's, Emma's, and Mikey's older brother! How could you say that?! You don't mean it!"

"Shut up," she growled under her breath.