Chapter 5 Serious Meeting

July 28th, 2005

Whatever had happened had Mikey busy. He hardly came to visit me or even talked to me, if at all. I wished he would just tell me what was going on instead of leaving me in the dark but he refused to give me any information. It was summer vacation. So, when I wasn't hanging out with Masa, I trained.

"Isn't that your brother?" Masa asked me, pointing at Take who was running as if he was set on something serious.

My brother was so strange. One second he was hardly paying much attention to me and the next he was happy to see me.

"You want to follow him?"

I nodded my head, Masa and I ran a little distance away from him so as not to be spotted. I wanted to make sure my brother was alright.

An abandoned warehouse? I did not like the looks of this.

I could hear my brother's voice coming from inside.

"Come on," Masa said as we walked together towards the entrance of the warehouse.

I heard another guy's voice yell and the sounds of a fight. We made it to the entrance and I saw a guy punching my brother.

"Hey, what's going on here?" Masa asked for me once we walked inside.

"Who the hell are you? Get lost," the guy beating my brother spat out.

"First, get your hands off my brother," I said as I walked towards him from behind Masa.

"K-kairi," my brother stuttered.

"Who the hell-" the guy was cut off.

"Kai," I heard Mikey call me.

I turned my attention to him, "Is this how you take care of my brother? By letting one of your guys beat him?"

I was too angry to be rational.

"You're brother wasn't minding his own business," he answered me. "Pah, let go of him."

The guy let go of my brother. Take fell down on his butt.

"Kairi," my brother started, "Maybe you can talk them out of it. If they fight with Moebius, Toman will be finished!"

"Shut your mouth, Takemichi. Don't get your sister involved in this," Mikey told him.

"Moebius?" Masa questioned, "Why the hell are you fighting with them?"

"It's not your concern," Mikey said to him.

"Osanai happens to be a friend of mine, so I am making it my concern."

"How can you be buddies with a guy that would beat someone's family and rape his girl friend?!"

What? This information was horrifying. There was a gang out there doing that? And that was the reason why Toman was going to fight Moebius? It explains why Mikey wanted to make sure I was safe all the time. And even told me to only go out if Masa was with me.

"Wait. What? Osanai isn't into that shit. If he was, he would have issues with my gang. I mean, he does have a few screws loose but he would never do that to a woman."

"Your gang?"

"He is the commander of the Rising Phoenix gang," Take told him.

"What?" Pah looked at Masa with fear, "Seriously? This guy?"

"Will you stop us?" Mikey questioned, getting everyone's attention, "From fighting with Moebius."

Masa brushed his hard, holding his head with his fingers spread by his hair, "Let me talk to him first. If what you said is true and his gang is off the rails like that... I'll make sure your gang can get justice. But if it's not, then someone else out there is doing it and I will have my guys do some investigating."