My next rival across a sky among thousands of lights

Original date published: 14/11/2022

Edited date: xx/xx/xxxx

A/N: I see the lights, finally, the chapter is here— after so much rewriting...

Chapters 2, 3, and 4 updated/ Ink's diary, Sam's abilities and stats, Delios & Sam's meeting, and The rebellion part with Sam meeting Merlot I think..?,...

Chapter 5

1st pov:

A black sky, starred with a thousand lights, glows coming from a city lit by midnight moonlight, yes, we successfully quitted the empty void.

Our soles were caressed by finely cut grass while our scarves moved with the rhythm of the wind. We got lost in floating rocks and hills, away from any habitation. I turn to Delios' dazzled face, and ask, "How did we get here?"

He did not answer. Instead, he nodded and shrugged at the same time. I quickly realized that he wasn't listening to me. Maybe it was also his first time visiting Outertale. The stars and planets were beautiful to gaze at, even if they were misplaced and the constellations were almost unknown to my eyes, it added some mysteries about this world.

These stars...

I heard a small breath escape Delios' mouth, he turns to me suddenly. Where was he in there? he was completely lost in thought and his eyes expressed no more than aggravating admiration. "I was wondering something, how would you feel owning a star?"

"Pardon? Did you just say 'a star'? are we talking about these massive and luminous balls of plasma that can burn you in less than two seconds?"

He looks away and begins to observe the starry sky in silence once again, as if nothing came out of his mouth. I'm beginning to doubt his sanity...

"Well then, tell me when you're done watching, I'll go to the city and explore, ... well, I'll try..." I walked away from the staring spot with a grunt and proceed to look around alone.

Way to go, you're leaving a child exploring an unknown place all by themselves. Although being alone has never been a problem for me, these places were very unfamiliar and I had my doubts about the safety of this world when my eyes laid upon these high cliffs and fast rivers. The wind was so unrealistically strong and there were clouds, like on Earth.

I kept wondering, why was there wind and water in space?

Does Outertale work the same as Undertale and there's a barrier protecting the monsters from space? That would explain that almost-invisible dome above us and the fact that I'm not having my skin swelling and my blood vapo— oh, right, I'm a skeleton now.

Still, that dome is protecting this world from space, yet, I can still feel my bone rustling from that massive cold. Aren't skeletons immune to temperatures?

I laugh at my own thoughts.

Nothing makes sense to me at the moment. How come Delios get to not feel anything while I'm the only one freezing to death?

My train of thought was cut short when I felt a rocky surface under my foot. It was almost too invisible, but I managed to not fall down into a potentially deadly hole in the ground.

"And now you got to be kidding me... How the hell am I supposed to pass through this huge crater!?" I hissed chewing my thumb.

The hole below me was less than 1km, sure. But I'm convinced that the deepness was enough to make a one-hour fall.

I crouch down and proceed to inspect the void carefully. A plastic bottle buried in the dirt was noticeable and a few shiny junks were laying inside. It looks like this hole is being used as a trash can.