A Small Respite

The group of five that consisted of Niles, Rantaro, Kokichi, Maki and Miu, made their way up to the third floor. Idle chatter was made between the five, a lot of it bickering and berating between Miu and Kokichi with an occasional comment tossed in by Niles. Maki only split from the group for a brief moment to check on her lab to make sure that no one snuck into her lab before she and the other four got up to the third floor. After double checking that no one was in the lab and that nothing had been removed, she rejoins the group. Once Maki had rejoined them, Niles leads the group over to the pixelated doorway

"I really did not like this doorway for two reasons - I could not get it open which was frustrating due to that I am an excellent lockpick, and the fact that it looks extremely out of place," Niles says.

"It is really ugly, that's for fuckin' sure," Miu says, looking the door up and down.

"Yeah! Ugly like you!" Kokichi immediately retorts, causing the blonde to become slightly flustered. Rantaro shakes his head a bit at the two.

"Why do I feel like a tired dad?" Rantaro asks with a heavy sigh.

"Because you are dad!" Kokichi and Miu respond in sync. This causes Niles to snort, covering his mouth with a hand as to not burst out laughing.

"...You walked into that one," Maki says to Rantaro.

"Yeah, yeah I did. But if I'm dad, that also makes Niles dad," Rantaro says, causing Niles to immediately stop laughing.

"Oh no no no... I am not being dragged into this shenanigan," Niles says, wanting to put a stop to that before it started.

"Too late! If you're gonna date Rantaro and he's dad, that also makes you dad, Dad!" Kokichi says. "Wait - they need different names since Dad and Dad would be confusing-"

"Well Rantaro is dad," Miu says. She and Kokichi both stroke their chins in thought.

"...Daddy for Niles," Maki says quietly, throwing that in just to mess with Niles. Since Niles had been closest to Maki in position, he chokes on air.

"MAKI-" Niles says, his eye widening. "I didn't know you had that sort of thing in you-"

"Well hanging around you certainly influenced my vocabulary," Maki responds.

"What did she say?? I didn't catch it-" Miu asks. Maki looks at Niles, a smirk appearing on her face since her plan had actually worked.

"Daddy," the brunette responds. This time, Rantaro starts laughing seeing Niles of all people actually flustered and grips his sides as he laughs. Niles's tan face was now a little flushed as he covered his face with a hand. He was holding his tongue as he knew any comment he could make would come to bite him in the ass.

"YES!" Kokichi shouts, stars in his eyes. "Dad and Daddy!"

"Rantaro dearest, this is completely your fault," Niles huffs at his boyfriend.

"Oh I'm sorry Daddy, we didn't mean to upset you," Miu snickers, causing Rantaro to laugh even more.

"And you, are the worst," Niles huffs at Maki, pointing his finger at the Assassin.

"Don't know what you're talking about," Maki retorts. "Now are you going to open that door or are you going to pout like a big baby?"

"Fine! I see how it is! I'm just here to be used as a mere tool and a punching bag for people's tauntings!" Niles says dramatically as he goes over to the door and uses the key to open it. As the key gets used on the pixelated door, it shatters into numerous pixels, each one dissipating into the air and leaving an open archway revealing some stairs up to the next floor.