Tensions & Danger

While the late night gang was having their nightly meeting, the Mastermind was giggling evilly as a new motive was being worked upon. Instead of going with the original second motive, the Mastermind had decided to make a new motive given the current atmosphere with the other students. Considering that both Rantaro and Niles were still alive and around, no thanks to Kaede failing to kill Rantaro, the Mastermind knew that those two needed to go as the two were bound to throw a monkey wrench in the entirety that is DanganRonpa. The fact that the two had teamed up and were sticking with each other irked the Mastermind beyond measure and they knew the only way to get rid of that problem was to kill at least one of them off. Of course, they couldn't do it as they needed to stick around to make sure the show went smoothly after all! The Mastermind was very pleased with the new motive they whipped up quick as they were certain it would get one of the two killed since the majority didn't trust either Rantaro or Niles. Once the motive was completed, the Mastermind sets the motive to be released a few hours before the morning announcement so that everyone would have a wonderful message to wake up to. With another evil giggle, the Mastermind leaves the Mastermind Room, and heads to the dorms, ready for sleep and for the chaos the morning would bring.

The next morning, Niles and Rantaro were already on edge before getting to the cafeteria despite knowing the only other person who would have beat them there would be Kirumi. The message they woke up to was not good. It was clearly the next motive and the two knew that the Mastermind was trying to frame both of them to get one of them, if not both of them killed. Fortunately for both males, Kirumi did not seem to be suspicious of them and almost seemed... relieved... that they were there. As people entered the cafeteria, the tension in the air increased. It was dead silent in the cafeteria as everyone ate, the only noises that broke the silence occasionally being the scrape of a chair or utensil, the setting down of a plate or cup, and Kirumi's footsteps here and there. No one dared to speak a word as various nervous eyes darted to the table of Rantaro, Niles and Kokichi and to Kirumi. Unable to stand the quiet, Tenko suddenly shoots up to her feet and slams her hands down on the table, looking at the table of three.

"Alright! That's it! I can't take this silence anymore! I've been telling you all since the first day that Niles and Rantaro are suspicious!" Tenko says.

"....You really think we would be dumb enough to send a motive like that?" Niles asks, glaring at Tenko.

"You could have! Maybe you're trying to play it so that you're too obvious and we'll kill the wrong person instead!" Tenko retorts.

"Well, while they are the suspicious, we can't just think it's just them... Right?" Tsumugi asks, rubbing her hands nervously.

"Gonta don't understand. Isn't it those two?" Gonta asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Well Gonta, the message we all woke to was pretty vague. The Mastermind said that they have a helper. The hint about who it could be was worded in a short an odd poem," Kiibo says.

"Suspicious I am,

Observing you all day.

Danger is my friend,

And blocking your way," Kaito recites. "And while it's pretty vague, we all know Niles constantly hangs out Rantaro, and that Niles is dangerous."

"Well, you might as well throw Kokichi in there as well! He's suspicious as shit and hangs out with those two losers as well!" Miu comments.

"I didn't read the message completely as it was too much of a pain... What would we gain from doing this?" Himiko asks.

"Supposedly, if we kill the helper, the murderer gets to leave with no trial, much like the First Blood Perk. If we kill the Mastermind, the game ends," Kaede answers, wincing as she did.