Chapter 10

• Liseth - Cate Blanchett
-------------------------------------------------------------

• Liseth - Cate Blanchett -------------------------------------------------------------

Wanda Maximoff walked across the courtyard of the Abbey's Meadery. Milla has been recommended to take temporary leave after her nightmare-dreamwalk experience, so the red-haired woman was left to take the entire job for the day.

Some are stirring, some are bottling, some are checking the condition of the fermentation processes of the mead; most are just too occupied to speak. Wanda heeds-on quietly trying to find someone that might need some help.

For the most part, it was Milla who led their job, since she's more well-versed and has grown to the toiling and bustling within the meadery.

The girl also knows how to muddle along the sniggering around both of them to proceed to do the task needed, without feeling or showing any signs of disconcertment. The girl has more confidence in contradiction to her withdrawn behaviour.

"What is she even doing here?" Whispers one of them while stirring the brew-cauldron.

"Look at that awful red hair of hers," Said the one sorceress bottling some mead.

"She looked too shivery," Said one woman, refilling a barrel.

Wanda walks silently away from them, she knows she is not welcome nor needed. The woman could sense their disapproval, they don't even need to show it in front of her.

"All right! Steady! Steady!" Said the leader of the group of young sorceresses carefully stacking the wood barrels on their way up properly. One of the scaffolds supporting the barrels suddenly breaks a loud Snap!

"Look out!" One of them shouted as a barrel as huge as a truck came falling towards the other sorcerer and sorceresses. Wanda, who hasn't left the place entirely, sees that the barrel is about to crush the other employees and steps in. 

Wanda runs towards them and conjures a bright red energy shield with both of her hands. With a loud Swoosh! - The red psionics shielded the sorceresses while with her other hand, the Scarlet Witch uses her powers to steady the giant barrel and the scaffolds back in place.

"Cool!" Said one of the sorceresses, Wanda realizes it to be a child. The red-haired woman look at the others near the stack of barrels and notices that they are indeed young: thirteen-year-olds and below. Near the age of Milla and working hard for a living.

"Is everybody alright!" Said the supervisor whom Wanda notices to be eighteen years of age. The supervisor roams around the employees.

"Whoa!" The kids all gathered around Wanda curiously trying to get a closer look at their saviour.

"What are you," Said one of them.

"Where do you come from?" - Said another one.

"Are you a sorceress?" - Chimed the other.