Sam then looks at Mary, "Did you cut your hair?" he asks her.
"I'm gonna keep it short, if I'm gonna go out on a hunt, you know. Why give the bad guys the advantage of long, pull-able hair, right? Calliope knows what I'm talking about" Mary says to them.

"Wow, I'm trying to tell Sam that for years" Dean says looking at Sam, who looks back at him.
"I think it looks great on you Mary" Calliope says to her.
"Thanks Calliope, and thanks again for letting me burrow some of your clothes" Mary tells her.

Sam then looks back at Mary, "Did you say, uh, 'going out on a hunt?" he asks her.
Mary looks at him finishing the bacon, "I found a case"
"I thought you were still struggling with even the idea of the internet?" Sam asks her.

She chuckles, "I had Dean pick up some newspapers when he went into town" Mary says.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa, I—" he says as Sam looks at him in surprise, "You didn't tell me you were looking for a case" he says to his mother.
"I wasn't. I just found one" she tells them, as Sam sighs, "Minnesota. Two dead, locked room. Victims had put in a call about a crying baby, but the place was empty. The only thing at the scene was their bodies.  Been five days, and the coroner still hasn't put out a cause of death. Seemed fishy" she explains to them. Mary then sees the look between Sam and Dean, "It's probably nothing, I just thought I might get out there, stretch my legs"

"But I thought, you weren't down to hunt in the first place" Sam says to her.
"Well, things change, right?" Dean says looking at Sam, he then looks back at Mary and smiles, "Family hunting trip?" he says to the two of them.
"Sure" Mary says.
"All right. Meet in the car in 10" Dean says smiling.

"Calliope can come too, I mean, she's been living with you boys for years now. You are Dean's girlfriend, I can count you as part of the family" Mary says smiling at Calliope, as she then leaves.

Dean and Calliope get up from the table, and look at Sam, "What happened to R&R?" he asks Dean.
"Well...Look, man, Callie healed your s'mores foot, all right? I got Baby back to mint, we're road ready. And if Mom wants to hunt, I say we hunt" Dean says to him, "You're gonna.." Dean then points to the mess on the table, as he leaves.

"Sam, she's your mother, if she wants to hunt, let her. I will be there if anything goes wrong, I can get her out of there in a flash if you need me to" Calliope says as she places a hand on his shoulder.
"I know....I know, I got this meet you in the car" Sam says to her, and she smiles as she leaves.

They had stopped at a gas station to fill up the Impala, and Dean went inside to get some provisions. Sam was filling up the car, as Mary and Calliope stayed in the car, "Thank you Mary, for calling me family" Calliope says leaning forward to talk to her.
"Calliope, I see how Dean cares about you, and Sam does too, if you and Dean ever get engaged, I would be happy to call you my daughter-in-law, even though I've only known you these past few days" she says to her.

"Umm, to be honest Dean and I, we were engaged, until we thought he was going to die. He, uh, he hasn't asked me again, because—" "I came back" Mary cuts her off saying.
"Yeah, and apparently the ring he had used, it started as a promise ring, he told me, he uh, he told me it once belonged to you, it's this silver ring" Calliope tells her.

"Yeah, yeah it was mine" Mary says to her.
"Well,  I think he wants to talk to you before asking me again, to get your permission to use it" Calliope says to her.
"Well, that should be an interesting conversation, should I make him sweat" Mary asks her smiling.

"Yeah, yeah you should" Calliope says to her smiling. Calliope then notices Mary's smile falter as she looks out the window, "You're worried about getting back into hunting aren't you?" Calliope asks her.

"Don't tell the boys, but I am, but I didn't feel like being stuck in that bunker" Mary tells her.
"It will be okay, and the boys know what they are doing" Calliope tells her, as she places a hand on Mary's shoulder.