Chapter 21: Bryce & Chlöe

Start from the beginning

Clay Jensen: He said he didn't know about the Clubhouse.

Hannah Baker: And you believe him?

Clay Jensen: I don't know. I...

Hannah Baker: So, what do you wanna hear? That I dated half the baseball team? That they got me high and fucked me blind?

Clay Jensen: I... I wanna know the truth.

Hannah Baker: I told you my truth, but you don't believe me. You say you love me, but you're always willing to believe the worst of me.

Hannah disappears, leaving Clay alone. Jessica arrive to Liberty and finds Nina in the girls locker room. Jessica show Nina the polaroid of her in The Clubhouse.

Jessica Davis: Clay Jensen has the rest. They're safe. I know how much you talk about your story being yours, so... I thought you should get to decide what to do with this.

Nina Jones: Yeah, but the thing is is that this isn't my story. This is the lie. That I was into it and having fun, you know? And I guess I was, you know, until... But there's no picture of that, is there? No proof. You know, maybe if there was, maybe... maybe I'd be dealing with my shit a little better, right?

Jessica Davis: Nina, I am so sorry that I said that stuff to you yesterday, honestly.

Nina Jones: You were right, though. I... I cheated on Garrett with Michael. And when you called me out...

Jessica Davis: I didn't mean to call you out.

Nina Jones: No, but you should have. (Breathes shakily) I wanted to be strong for you... to be what you needed, but I'm not. And I don't think that I ever will be. Maybe we're just gonna never stop being victims.

It was time for Bryce to testify. Clay, Justin, Alex, & Tony sat behind Olivia in support for her and for Hannah. Monty, Scott, & the rest of his boys also are in attendance in suppport for Bryce. Chlöe was also in attendance as she sat next to Nora & Barry.

Sonya Struhl: You said that Hannah pursued you after that football game at the beginning of your junior year. Did it ever turn physical?

Bryce Walker: Yes. We had kind of an on-again, off-again thing.

Sonya Struhl: So... you had sex more than once?

Bryce Walker: We did.

Sonya Struhl: So, Hannah initiated this "on-again, off-again thing"?

Bryce Walker: Yes, she did. She took me to Hickman's Bridge... which, honestly, I remember thinking was kind of creepy.

Hickman's Bridge is notorious for having people taking their own lives by jumping off the bridge.

Sonya Struhl: How do you mean "it was creepy"?

Bryce Walker: Well, just the whole bridge thing. Being obsessed with a place like that. I just wish I had realized it might have been a sign.

Sonya Struhl: And how many times did you go to Hickman's Bridge?

Bryce Walker: Gosh, I don't know. Um, quite a few. I guess it kind of became our place.

Sonya Struhl: And what did you do there?

Bryce Walker: Sometimes we just made out, um, looked at the stars. Sometimes we made love.

Sonya Struhl: Did things ever evolve into a committed relationship?

Bryce Walker: Not really.