"Vasillisa, please try to make things work if-- when he wakes up. There'll be so much to pay if we attempt to break the bond."
She told her in a low tone and slipped past her.

Of course there'll be hell to pay now that they've marked each other. She didn't know whether to be sad or enraged. She moved from her initial position to sit beside him.

*
*
*
Kyria Celma watched silently as Doukai paced the room, muttering words she couldn't comprehend to himself.
She could understand his frustration but she couldn't possibly do anything about it. It almost made her cry. She hadn't meant for things to get so messy but they'd turned messy.

"Do something!" Doukai boomed coming to a halt a few inches away from her. He'd never used that tone on her so she could sense his frustration so she let it slide.

"Don't you get it? The fates can only look on for so long but when they step in, there's nothing anyone can do." Celma told him.

"I thought she didn't have a mate"

"She wasn't meant to. I don't know what changed "

"Then I guess you're not really the oracle you think you are. Either that or your even your power won't get you anything you want. Accept it ". Doukai spat and rushed out leaving the leader of the witch coven of Oura Fengari frozen. He knew where it hurt and he made sure to hit her right there.

How was it her fault that the fates and Thea Seleni hid Aria's mate from them all? One thing was forever true; even her power wouldn't get her anything she wanted. She knew that too well. She'd foolishly thought it could and she felt lucky that she could still communicate with the moon goddess. That was all she had left of all she held dear.

Doukai was a mess. Everything he'd worked hard for was getting crumbled just due to the appearance of Aria's true mate. What he thought was too much of a nightmare to become reality had started to play right before his eyes and he couldn't do a damned thing about it. He could only sit and wait for worse things to happen.
He was so lost in his head that he didn't even see anyone using the path he was using.

"Sorry" Lina said as she bumped into him causing him to stop. He looked at her with pleading eyes? That's what it looked like to her but she probably had wild thoughts and walked past him. She felt his stare piercing her back as she went but she'd be damned if she turned back to be sure.
She had other things to deal with other than wondering what was going on in his head that time.
He hated how his breath hitched because he thought it was too noticeable. He didn't want Lina also thinking low of him the way Aria probably did.

*
*
*

Demitri stirred in his sleep and Aria quickly removed her hand. She'd gotten lost in her thoughts as she traced his features. She had to admit, he had a pretty face but she'd die before admitting that. Besides it's not like she had to admit it to anyone anyway.

"Ismena" He called in a groggy voice, forcing himself to sit up. He felt light headed and drained. As expected.
She looked at him wordlessly and it was as though time froze just for them as they stared at each other. Demitri couldn't help himself so he reached towards her to cradle her face and she also leaned in. He could feel his heart racing, then it wasn't that but he was - sad? No it wasn't sadness rather he felt guilty? It took him a few seconds to process what was happening. He was unable to recall everything that had happened for him to end up cocooned in his mate's bed but he did remember her sinking her fangs into his neck. What he felt wasn't him. Since they're both marked, he felt her though it wasn't as strong as it'd be with Adonis but it was still there.
He did feel guilty for marking her against her will and he regretted it but he hated that she also felt guilty. If anything, he'd been happy to help her quench her thirst though he knew what it could mean.

"I'm- I- I I'm sorry". Aria stuttered. She thought she had no reason to apologize but she just felt the need to. He'd done just about the same thing to her so it should've been equal now but she felt terrible and she just couldn't.
He stared at her without saying anything. She wished he'd say something. Anything to fill the silence but he didn't so she stood up and decided that the window and the view outside it was the most interesting thing in the world.

Demitri fought back a wide grin and no, it wasn't because she'd apologized but because she was clearly affected by his presence so there was a little ray of hope he could hold on to that he could get his wolf to wake up again.

"It's okay. I guess we're even now". He'd meant it to comfort her but he soon realized it was the wrong thing to say.
"I don't mean it in a bad way.". He added and nodded, still looking outside. His mark on her neck didn't look so bad as it did previously but it still looked bruised. It was a good thing because it meant she may start accepting the bond.
He brought his thumb up and brushed it over the mark. Aria shivered as she felt his finger over his mark and took a step ahead but that was a bad idea since she had no option than to jump through the window if she wanted to get away from him. The feeling that went down her spine was one she was fighting and being close to him seemed to make it worse.

"I regret it" Demitri whispered

"What?" Aria asked

"Marking you the way I did"

"I know".
She knew because she could feel him just as much as he could feel her and no matter how bad she wished she couldn't.

"I'll make it up to you. Even if that means I'll spend the rest of my days begging you not to hate me" His words made her turn sharply to face him.

"I don't-"

"You only think you don't because you regret drinking from me. Once the guilt fades,the hate will come back"
That shut her up. Her mind was filled with guilt. Just that. She felt nothing else towards him.

"We have to find a way to tell your pack and the people of Oura Fengari"
Aria told him.

"Does that mean you accept that we're mates now?" Demitri questioned smirking.

'Good, the asshole is back ' Aria thought.

"You can think that if it makes you sleep at night". She shot back.

"You're still in denial,then"

"We have no choice. It seems the fates really did pair us and now that- Now that we're both marked, the only way out is -". She paused before adding "death"

"I can hold my pack. Though it'll be difficult telling them they have to respect a manipu- sorry - the queen of Oura Fengari" He was glad he hadn't finished uttering the word manipulator. He was trying to get into her good books.

"It'll be difficult for my people to accept you but I believe I can take whatever they throw at me"

"We, Ismena, We. Whether we accept or not. We have to make things work. Together". Demitri stated and she nodded in agreement. He was right but she'd die before letting him know that she thought so.

"I'll send a message to your pack. They're probably preparing to break the walls of the queendom"

"I mind linked my beta so there's no need to worry"
Demitri assured her and she nodded and left to her office.
Spending another second around him would force her to drink from him. Again and they both weren't ready for that. She'd drank once and she craved more yet she wouldn't give in to her craving. At least not that day