Emma and Damon started to follow him out but Elena bumped into Emma.

"Bonnie isn't answering my calls," Elena started to explain but stopped and turned on her heel and walked away the moment she saw Damon.

"What the hell was that about?" Emma asked.

Damon shrugged, "I have a couple of guesses."

He walked quickly to catch up to her and confront her about the behavior, Emma stayed behind to walk out with Alaric. Once Alaric had signed all the paperwork he headed outside with Emma. In the parking lot Damon and Elena were having a heated debate.

"Ah yes, back when you two were in love and everything was all rainbows and unicorns," Damon argued with Elena.

Elena stood her ground, "I'm just saying, maybe you aren't the right person to be teaching Stefan about self-control."

Elena got in her car and slammed the door before driving away, giving Damon a death glare as she left.

"Come on," Damon growled, still angry.

He opened the side door for Emma, she hopped in the back, allowing Alaric to have the passengers side. Damon took his place as the driver and started his car, glancing over his shoulder at Emma who just smiled at him, he returned with his own grin and faced the road, exiting the parking lot of the hospital. He drove them over to the Wickery Bridge restoration construction zone. All three of them got out and approached the bridge.

"Rebekah's up to something, she keeps snooping around in places she shouldn't be," Damon observed.

Alaric's patience was thin, "Tell me again why we are here."

Damon rolled his head to the side to look at Alaric, "Ric, the world can't stop just because you are an accidental psycho killer."

Meredith joined them, and scoffed at Damon's statement, "Do you have any tact whatsoever?"

Damon grinned back at the women and pulled Emma closer into his side, "Don't count on it."

Carol Lockwood walked over to the group and address Alaric, "I'm glad you're here, did you bring the sign?"

"Uh..." Alaric was visibly confused with Carol's request.

Carol tried to seem polite, "The restored Wickery Bridge sign, the history department promised me you would have it today."

"I uh, don't have the sign actually, it slipped my mind," Alaric scrambled for an excuse, "I've been busy."

"Well," Carol clasped her hands in front of her, "it's not an emergency. We'll just unveil it when the bridge is complete."

Alaric smiled gratefully at her before she walked away.

"Get me out of here," Alaric turned to Meredith.

Meredith smiled up at him, "My pleasure."

Alaric looked over to Emma, "You coming Em?"

Emma shook her head no and gave Alaric a quick side hug, "Dinner later?"

"Pizza or burgers?" Alaric asked.

"Cheese burgers, duh," Emma smiled at him.

Alaric and Meredith walked back to Meredith's car and headed off. Emma looked over to Damon to see him intently staring at someone.

"Who is that?" She asked as she snaked her arms around his waist.

"Blast from the past," he answered before starting to walk over to he woman.