Part 19

Damon shifted his car into park, "How do we know they are going to be at the old witch house?"

Stefan shrugged, "We don't, but if they're not, then we have about ten minutes before Rebekah tears Elena apart. And we don't even know what is going on with Emma."

"You know, if we sit this one out, Ester completes her spell, Klaus dies, you get your revenge. It's what you wanted the whole time. The only collateral damage is-"

"Elena," Stefan finished for his brother.

Damon tilted his head, "You know what Elena would choose."

"What about Emma?" Stefan fired back.

"Emma isn't in the same kind of danger, and she is a strong fighter," Damon said confidently, "she can hold her own until we can get to her."

"What if whatever power she has that Elijah is suggesting gets free? She'll die, remember."

"I haven't forgotten," Damon's brows furrowed, "let's hope they are in there."

"If we do this it will wreck Elena."

"Well, she'll hate us, Emma already hates me; but the thing is, they only have to hate one of us. Only one of us has to do the deed," Damon pointed out.

"So what's it gonna be brother?" Stefan asked.

Damon pulled a coin out of his pocket, "Heads I'll do it, tails you do it."

"Awful lot of trouble for someone who hates you," Stefan smirked slyly.

Damon rolled his eyes and motioned between them, "Pot, kettle brother."

Damon flipped the coin and grabbed it before placing it on the back of his hand, showing which side was up. He showed Stefan.

"That's lovely," Kol turned to his siblings, Klaus and Elijah, "we're stuck out here while the favorite son plays sacrificial lamb."

"Be quiet Kol," Ester, the original witch shouted, "your brother knows virtue you cannot even imagine. Besides, he brought be a gift that your brothers were hiding."

Elijah watched in horror as Ester showed off her new power source. Emma sat on the ground beside her, holding her head as if she was in pain.

"Whatever you think of us, killing your own children will be an atrocity," Elijah tried to make the woman see reason.

"My only regret is that I did not let you die a thousand years ago," Ester scowled at her boys.

"Enough," Klaus lost his patience, "all of this talk is boring me. End this now mother, or I'll be force to send you to hell."

"For a thousand years, I've been forced to watch you," Ester said angrily, "felt the pain of every victim, suffered while you shed blood. Even you, Elijah, with your claim to nobility, you're no better. All of you, you're a curse on this Earth. Stretched out over generations. If you've come to plead for your life, I'm sorry, you've wasted your time."

"Abby?" Bonnie called down the hall of the witch's house for her mother who she thought was right behind her, Stefan stepped out in front of her, "Stefan? What's going on?"

"They took Elena," he explained, "and they're going to kill her unless we stop Ester."

Bonnie looked at him shocked, "Stefan, I can't stop her, she is channeling something insanely powerful."

"Bonnie if you can't stop her, I have to find another way."

Bonnie took a step back in fear to run but Stefan blocked her way.