Part 36

Emma and Damon continued driving while they had Elena, Stefan, Matt, and most surprisingly, Elijah on speaker phone. They listened in as Elijah went over his terms.

"All we need is to take that stake away from him. Once he's been disarmed, the weapon's in my possession, my family will scatter to the ends of the Earth and Alaric will follow us," Elijah explained.

"And you'll just...run?" Stefan asked.

"We've done it before," Elijah seemed unbothered, "Klaus and Rebekah spent the better part of a thousand years evading my father. What's another half century while Elena is able to live out the rest of her natural life?"

Elena's voice came on the line next, "We've finally stopped him Elijah, after everything that he's done to us, I can't just let you bring him back."

"I give you my word, Elena. I will not revive Klaus within yours nor even within your children's lifetimes," Elijah answered, "perhaps that will finally teach him some manners."

"Well, that's great," Emma said sarcastically, "so we get like two hundred years of rest before the psycho is back out of the box. Most of us will still be around."

Damon glared at the road, frustrated at the whole conversation.

"Why should she trust you?" Matt asked, "All you've done is screw her over."

"And for that, I am deeply ashamed. But know this, she could have been dead the instant I walked through that door tonight, so Elena, I leave it to you to make the decision whether to trust me or not," Elijah issued his apology.

"Not!" Damon had finally heard enough, "Hello? Did that concussion give you brain damage? His lunatic siblings will kill you the first chance they get."

"Rebekah and Kol will honor the terms," Elijah pleaded his case again, "if you return Klaus's body to us, Elena will come to no harm."

"No, no, no, no, no," Damon looked over at Emma, they were both on the same page, "did I mention, no!"

"Elena, it's up to you," Stefan offered.

"Oh, come on!" Both Emma and Damon said at the same time.

"Why do you want Klaus's body?" Elena asked.

"He is my brother, we stick together," Elijah answered.

"You know what I did when my sister died," Emma said frustrated, "I buried her, and I moved on with my life."

Elena sighed, "We have a deal."

Emma grabbed the phone from Damon and hung up.

"So," Emma looked over at Damon, "what do you want to do for the next two hundred years before we are being harassed by Klaus, again."

Damon's phone rang again, it was Stefan, "Can you meet Bonnie so she can put a spell on Klaus so he can't be located."

"Fine," Damon groaned.

Stefan gave him the address of a storage unit lock-up, just over an hour outside of Mystic Falls.

Emma waited outside the storage unit building while Damon and Bonnie went inside, the less people that knew which storage unit Klaus was hidden in, the better.

"Hey Bonnie," Emma smiled at the witch as she left the building.

Bonnie returned the smile, "Hey Emma, Damon is still downstairs. Rebekah is coming to pick up Klaus's body soon."

Emma nodded, "Thanks."

Emma hopped off the trunk of Damon's car and walked into the building, as she walked the hall she found a storage unit open, inside Damon was sitting on a couch talking to Stefan. He smiled as soon as he saw Emma, he hung up on his brother.