Elena smiled and shrugged.

"Don't mind me," someone said as they leaned on the table beside Emma.

"Klaus," Elena scowled.

Damon was sobered and alert at the sound of the name, he was already standing and stepping in front of Emma, "You gonna do this at the Grill, in front of everyone? It's a little beneath you don't you think?"

Klaus scoffed, "I don't know what your talking about, I'm just came down to my local pub to grab a drink with my mate."

Emma glanced over to Elena when she gasped as Klaus's 'friend' stepped over to the bar. Clearly she had recognized the guy.

"Get a round in will ya Tony," Klaus smiled at Elena.

"I'm surprised you stuck around town long enough for happy hour," Damon mocked Klaus.

"My sister seems to be missing," Klaus looked at Damon suspiciously, "need to sort that out."

"Those damned sisters," Emma glared at Klaus, "mine is dead, yours is missing. Will they ever learn?"

Damon gave Emma a soft push behind him to shut her up, "Cute, blonde bombshell, psycho. Shouldn't be too hard to find."

"Truth is I've grown to rather like your little town, think I might fancy a home here," Klaus looked around to see how what he said had affected those around him, "oh I imagine you're wondering how does this is affect you. The answer is, not in the slightest. As long as I get what I want and everyone behaves themselves you can go on living your little lives however you choose. You have my word."

"What more could you possibly want?" Elena asked.

"Well, for starters, you could tell me where I might find Stefan," Klaus looked indifferently at Elena.

Damon spoke up angrily, "Stefan skipped town the second he saved your ass."

"You see that is a shame," Klaus grabbed a dart and threw it at the board, hitting a bulls-eye, "your brother stole from me, I need him found so I can take back what is mine."

"That sounds like a 'you' problem and not an 'us' problem," Emma crossed her arms, daring Klaus to make a move.

Despite Damon already standing in front of her, Klaus stepped closer to Emma, when Damon didn't budge Klaus smiled.

"We'll see about that," Klaus said smugly before walking away.

Once Klaus was out of sight Damon finally relaxed his stance and grabbed Emma's hand, he pulled her behind him and out of the Grill. Emma glanced back to see a concerned look on Alaric's face. Damon opened the passenger door and waited for Emma to get inside, she hesitated but ultimately decided to get into the car. Damon drove them back to the boarding house in silence. When they arrived he didn't say anything as he got out and entered the house, Emma was on his heels.

"So what's our plan?" She asked him as he walked over to the bar in the foyer.

Damon poured himself a drink and was just about to reply when he looked up and saw Emma's reaction to something behind him, she was tense and ready to fight. Damon turned around uncaringly. It was Klaus.

"I think it's time we had a drink, don't you?" He asked Damon.

Damon nodded, "I'd say we're over due."

"Well, you've been so busy with your plotting and scheming," Klaus clasped his hands in front of him.

"You know me," Damon smirked, "never miss a chance to plan an epic failure."