"Yeah, so anyway, I messaged her about Stefan and I haven't heard back yet, which isn't out of the ordinary, but she explained to me once how this whole emotion thing works. So I know that this Stefan isn't really him, and I don't know if I'll be able to be around him even when he does get his emotions back, but Lexi is probably going to encourage me to at least try. Especially since I care about you," Emma looked down at her hands, not really sure if she was ready to see Damon's reaction to her explanation, "God I wish she would just call me, come help, or something."

"Emma..." Damon started to tell Emma that he knew exactly who Lexi was but he stopped himself when he realized the reality of loosing her was real, "well I don't know about you but I'm beat."

Emma stood up, grabbed Damon's hand and began pulling him towards the bathroom, "You smell like a bar and I have been crawling in and out of caves all day, come take a shower with me."

Damon hummed happily as he let her pull him up, once he was on his feet he wrapped his arms around Emma, "Or I could go grab a bottle of wine while you fill up the tub and we can get tangled up in the bubbles."

"Since when are you a romantic Mr. Salvatore?"

"Well, one day this bat shit crazy red head skipped school and hopped in my car."

"You lured me out with your vampy charms."

"Trust me sweetheart, I was charming even when I was alive," Damon leaned down and kissed Emma softly.

"Where did you find these?" Emma asked as she held up a dress that Damon had brought her.

"According to Elena my family had become pack rats over the years. Did the crushed velvet top not give that away?"

"Considering I don't plan on slow dancing I might just wear jeans, at least that way I can keep my weapons."

"You won't need them, everything is going to go smoothly and at the end of the night Klaus will be dead and I might even twirl you around the dance floor once or twice," Damon took Emma's hand and lifted it before leading her into a spin.

Emma smiled at him and put her free hand on his chest when the spin was complete, "Except I've seen your track record, things always end up improvised."

Damon rolled his eyes, "Come on Debbie Downer, I can hear Mikael downstairs."

The couple walked out of the bedroom and downstairs into the foyer, joining Elena, Stefan, and Mikael. They were discussing ways to get Klaus back to Mystic Falls.

"So let's say that Mikael followed Elena in here. He tried to grab her so he could use her as bait," Stefan explained his idea.

Elena was quick to join in, "And you what, vervained him?"

"No," Damon interjected, "we vervained him. The guy is an Original, we have to make it realistic."

Stefan rolled his eyes, "Okay, fine, we vervained him; and in the process discovered that he had a dagger."

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah but instead..." Elena added.

"We drove it through his heart," Stefan shrugged.

Emma brought up something none of them had thought of, "And what happens when he ask to see Mikael's body?"

"Good point," Damon smirked at Emma, "you my brother have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So the idea is to lure him back here and kill him; last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue-tied."

Stefan held his hands up in defeat, "Don't look at me, I'm just in charge of getting him back here."

"Klaus is smart, if we tell him Mikael is dead he will want proof," Emma crossed her arms.