"Yes," Damon said quietly as he walked behind her, "like you said, he is my brother, what was I supposed to do Em."

She turned to face him, "A warning maybe to me or Alaric would have been helpful. I have been in rooms by myself with him and he could have killed me before I even saw it coming. At least when I was out hunting I had an idea of what I was facing."

"Emma, before we go-," Emma held up her hand and cut him off just as he was about to tell her everything, at least let him heal her before they walked out the door.

"Later Damon, right now Stefan is emotionless and stalking people about fifty feet from where I live and..." Emma stopped talking suddenly and gasped, "Katie."

Emma took off as best as she could, running towards her new motorcycle, Damon was shocked with how quickly things were getting out of hand.

"Emma wait," he called after her but she had already climbed on her bike and had turned the key.

"Call Alaric now!" She shouted over the roar of her engine before she pulled back on the throttle and tossed gravel as the tread in her tires picked it up, as soon as the tires hit the dirt Emma threw the throttle back harder and kicked the bike into a higher gear.

"Shit," Damon ran to his car and started, peeling out of his driveway much like Emma had just done, he picked up his cell phone and called Alaric.

"Huge problem, get over to the girls apartment now," Damon said as calmly as he could even though he was screaming internally, "Emma knows about Stefan."

"I'm across town," Alaric informed him.

"And I'm trying to keep up with a panicked girl on a motorcycle that can weave through traffic that I can't," Damon yelled into the phone, "if she doesn't kill herself on the way there then Stefan will kill her if he is where she thinks he is, which is going after Katie."

"He hasn't been to the apartment or invited in."

"Maybe, but Katie knows he is my brother, so maybe at least give her a damn heads up that a psychopathic vampire may be headed her way."

Damon threw his phone onto the passenger seat and kept his eyes on the road, trying to find the purple bike that could easily be two or three miles ahead of him by now. He pushed down the accelerator even more and tried to pass traffic as best as he could to make up for lost time. A flash of purple gave him slight hope when he could see that it was Emma, but he lost her again when she pushed through a red light and only by a thread of a needle did he miss getting slammed into by a lifted Ford three fifty who had to slam on his breaks, causing the car behind him to run into his rear, effectively causing a traffic jam.

"Dammit," Damon slammed his back against the seat and tried to figure out what his next move should be.

He was only a couple of miles from the apartment, he might be able to make it in time and catch up to her. Damon pulled his car off to the side of the road and hopped out, rushing to an alley where he wouldn't be seen when he suddenly disappeared when he did start running. It took a minute but he made it to the complex before he thought he would. Emma had just pulled up and jumped off her bike, letting it drop as she ran as best as she could to the third floor apartment. Damon saw her grab a stair several times instead of the railing to help pull herself up when the pain in her leg got to be too much. He just kept telling himself that she was over reacting and Katie was fine, Stefan couldn't get into the apartment.

His phone began to buzz and he looked to see that it was Alaric, he closed his eyes and answered, "Yea."

"I'm a mile out, but I can't get a hold of Katie," Alaric said just as alarmed as Emma had been.