"Damon are you okay?" Emma thought she had whispered only loud enough for him to hear her, but they were in a room with at least two other vampires and three hybrids; and that was just who Damon had recognized.

"I promise I'll do my best to explain later," he looked down at her arm, "I am so sorry."

Emma rubbed the soreness from her arm and looked at all three men with concern written all over her face, "Klaus was just telling me that I may be a distant cousin to Elena. I guess he has studied the Petrova Family line for years...for some reason which I didn't really catch yet."

"Well way back in the day, around 1490 or so my family knew a Petrova, who one of the men in the Mikaelson family wrote about extensively, you could say it was almost like I was there when I was reading his journal," Klaus shared a knowing look with Damon before continuing, "well my long gone relative was so obsessed with this woman that he would follow her anywhere she went, it became like a sickness for him. Naturally after reading this, I was so curious about the situation that I just had to find out if any of the existing Petrova Family had any knowledge about what happened."

"Most people can't even tell you their bloodline past their great-grandparents, much less thousands of years ago when men were wearing heels as a status symbol," Emma had no idea that she had inadvertently just teased an Original who most likely wore heels in that time period, Damon pressed his lips together to stop from laughing, "all I know is that my family came over from Scotland in like, 1905 or something like that. Besides, my family name is Peters, not Petrovia, or whatever."

"Scotland," Klaus seemed genuinely shocked and then whispered to himself, "the rest of the family fled to Scotland."

"I'm sorry I can't help you more, but this is really starting to get too weird for me, and that is really saying something," Emma stood and grabbed her bag, "it was nice to meet you Klaus. See you around Stefan."

Damon gently took Emma's hand and they started out the door but Klaus interrupted their departure, "Oh wait Emma, I did have one more thing for you."

"Oh?" Damon turned and readied himself for a fight.

Klaus reached into his inner jacket pocket and pulled out a slip of paper and handed it to Emma, "Stefan told me about the damage my sister did to your bike, I hope that this will more than cover for it."

Emma looked down at the check and her jaw went slack at the fifty-thousand written down, "I can't accept this! Even new my bike was never worth more than six thousand bucks and I bought it used for a grand. Hell the most expensive part of my bike was the custom paint job."

She tried to hand the check back to Klaus but he held his hands up and refused, "I just looked up whatever the most expensive bike on their website was and wrote out the check for that amount, feel free to use the extra money for anything you would like."

"Those bikes are for professional racers, I'm really not taking this money," Emma started to argue again.

"Anyway, thanks for covering for your sister Klaus, I'll show Emma how to turn the remaining forty-five grand into a stock portfolio. I will see you around," Damon emphasized the "I" in his sentence.

"Yes, you will," Klaus replied in a deep tone.

Damon pulled on Emma's hand to lead her out of the restaurant and this time she let him, but once they were outside she pulled herself free from him and glared at him.

"I want answers now Damon. Who the hell was he, why did he give a damn whether I am related to Elena or not, and why did him showing up make you think getting rougher with me than we even get in the bedroom was the correct response?" Emma showed him her forearm where he could tell the bruising was getting worse.

"You will never know how sorry I am for that," Damon put his hands at his sides in defeat, "but that man in there is extremely dangerous, and no I didn't over react I just forgot how strong I am."

"Damon," Emma said with a sigh, "what the hell is going on?"

Damon rubbed his face with his hands trying to stop himself from blurting everything out, "Can we just go to your apartment or my house and talk about this there please?"

"Ugh," Emma yelled out loud enough that several people, including Matt

Donovan who was just arriving for his shift at the Grill looked their way.

"Is everything all right Emma?" Matt asked like he was really ready at least attempt to kick Damon's ass if he had to.

"Donovan," Damon mocked and began to cross the road towards Emma's apartment.

Emma threw her arms in the air in frustration, "Yea, everything is fine Matt. Have fun on your shift."

She ran across the road to meet up with Damon, whose demeanor had completely changed from anything she had ever seen. Emma slammed the door when they had gotten inside the apartment.

"You were there for me when I snapped," Emma begged, "now let me help you before you get to that point, because you are clearly heading down that path."

"This isn't something you can help with Em," Damon was trying to calm himself down.

"Are those the old friends of Stefan's that Elena was talking about? The reason he has been acting weird?"

"Em, stop."

"You said you would explain."

Damon plopped down on the couch, "I know. I am just trying to figure out what to say."

Emma sat down next to him and waited semi-patiently. She pulled out a school book and some homework while Damon sat as still as a statue next to her, she clicked her pen and started writing some notes she would need for her calculus class the following day. Emma had gotten through half of the chapter they were working on when Damon finally spoke up.

"I'm sorry Emma," Damon leaned forward and put his elbows on his knees, "everything is so damn messed up right now, and I never wanted you to get involved in any of it."

"But now I am," Emma put her shoulder, "and just like you said the other night, I would move Heaven and Hell for you."

This time Damon pulled Emma into him, she straddled his lap and began kissing him while his hands grasped her ass. Everything was starting to get heated and Emma was beginning to be able to feel Damon getting hard between her legs, both of them had already pulled off their jackets and shirts, and then the front door opened.

"Oh my God," Alaric exclaimed as he was just ahead of Katie when they were entering the apartment.

"Dammit Emma," Katie patronized the couple as they both rushed to cover themselves, "common areas are off limits."

"Uh-," Emma fumbled with her shirt buttons, "yup, and now I know why."

Katie rolled her eyes and walked into the kitchen with a bag of groceries, "Are you staying for dinner Damon?"

"No, not tonight," he looked at Emma apologetically but it was a good time to excuse himself so she couldn't ask anymore questions, "I better get going; I've got...things to do, ya know."

Emma crossed her arms and popped her hip to the side with an expression that read that she saw straight through his lie. Damon's smile turned into a grimace as he walked out the door. The situation was now way to close and if Klaus didn't kill him, Alaric might.