"How did you find out?" I questioned accusingly. I have always been a private person. Not even Lyle grew up feeling like he knew me when we shared a wall for ten years. But ever since I've switched packs, this makeshift family has been up in all my business. I was having rather mixed feelings about it.

"I was with Xander and Oliver when Lyle called Xander. I knew it was sus when Lyle asked for Xander's number a few days ago. Anyway, I'm gonna facetime you so you can show me." Within a second, a facetime request popped up on the screen. I was faced with Weston and his vibrant red hair filling the screen. I sighed before turning the camera to face the mirror so he could get a whole look at me.

"Hot dayum! Is that a new jacket? When you wear green your eyes make me want to die!" I noticed he screenshotted the screen, so I quickly turned the camera to face my face instead. "I'm sending that to Emerald. She's gonna be so mad you are going on a date without talking to her. At least hopefully she'll never find out that it's Lyle. It would be her dream come true."

I mumbled an incoherent response about my annoying friends. Lyle texted saying he was here so I was able to cut Weston. He wished me luck and made some sexual inneundos before hanging up.

Sauntering through the halls of the packhouse suddenly made me nervous. I had never been on a real date before. Alex and I casually hung out a couple of times, even got dinner a few times, but it was never like this. It didn't help that I had a feeling that Lyle had something big planned.

Lyle leaned against his car outside of the house. A few wolves passing through gave him odd looks. It was always weird to see an Alpha-blooded person of a different pack casually in your territory. Though many people knew Lyle as my brother, it was still odd.

Lyle wore a white shirt with a denim jacket that matched with his denim jeans. Double denim was his style. His white converse were also his typical look. I was glad neither of us felt the need to change our regular appearances for this date. It made me relax a bit.

He smiled as soon as he noticed me approaching the car. "Hey." He gave me his award winning smile, the one all the girls in school fell for: the perfect football team captain. His defined muscles peaked through his shirt. It took everything in me to keep my eyes on his face rather than his gorgeous body. We were complete opposites physically and personality wise, but we worked.

I walked up to him and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before walking to the passenger's side of the car. "Hey, what do you have planned for us tonight?" I watched him hesitate with a newfound rose tint to his cheeks. He looked back at me, still flustered, before hopping in the car the same time as me.

"Uh, you'll have to wait and find out, Mr. Alpha," he teased, starting up the car. I leaned against the cool glass of the window. If I was human I'd be shivering from the cool February air.

I hummed in response, letting him drive away from the house.

"Are you still having your coronation? Wasn't it supposed to be in February?" He glanced away from the road to look at me with a grimace on his face. He always expressed his emotions so clearly on his face. A sharp contrast to me who basically had to fake reactions just to make people feel more comfortable with me.

He scratched his head before looking back at the road. "I pushed it back. The elders weren't happy about it, but I said I wanted to wait until I graduated high school. I just want to make sure you are all safe and secure with your life before doing something drastic." I felt my chest tighten at his words that dripped emotion. Emotion I felt for him as well, but couldn't express as easily.

"Lyle..."

He waved his hand to cut off any of my thoughts. "You aren't changing my mind about this, okay? It's just a ceremony, nothing special. I'm already basically acting as the Alpha. Right now it's not about me. It's about you," he insisted. The swelling feeling in my chest didn't stop. This didn't sound like the Lyle that used to do everything possible to shove me out of the spotlight. He sounded mature and caring.