thirtyeight [makeover]

Debbie had brought me some tea and ordered me to stay in bed. She said the guys were practicing and that I shouldn't worry about them. But I did a little.

I had left the tea on my nightstand and it had gotten cold. I was sitting up in bed thinking about everything that had happened.

How the guys just showed up at my doorstep and how I let them in for whatever reason. How they kept coming back and how much they made me laugh. I thought about how much Slash had confused me all this time by holding me whenever I needed him, but getting pissed at the littlest things. Axl had told me how conflicted with feelings Slash can get, or as Ax put it, that he's 'a dumb fuck with emotions'.

I chuckled.
I almost couldn't believe that I had become part of their group, just like that.

I was so lost in thought that I hadn't noticed Axl and Izzy coming in.

"Hows the head darling?" Axl grinned.

I jumped "oh hey guys!". I pulled the covers up a bit more because I was only in a bralette.

Izzy saw and promptly covered his eyes "oh".

Axl swiped his hands away "don't be dumb Izzo, remember why we came here. You don't mind, right?" he asked me.
"It's fine" I said. Which was true "but what did you guys come in here for then?".

Axl turned my bag upside down and the few clothes that I had packed fell out. "Hey..." I protested but Axl grabbed his own bag and did the same thing, the clothes and accessories piled up.
Axl rummaged through "we decided to take you out to dinner, Heather. Kinda as a fuckin apology because ever since you joined us, we've done a shit job at keeping you safe" he gestured to my bruise. Izzy nodded "yeah, so Debbie made a reservation at a fancy restaurant and we're here to pick out an outfit for you".

I chuckled and said daringly "so you guys are gonna dress me?".

Axl put his hands on his hips "fuckin 'xcuse me. We happen to be very fashionable and, don't get me wrong, we love your current style" he pointed at my non-existing shirt, I rolled my eyes and he continued "but we just wanted to pick something out so you'll fit into our aesthetic more".

The next couple minutes existed of Izzy and Axl picking up and putting down clothes, bickering all the while. Every once in a while they asked me a question but I mostly let them do their thing.

"that won't fit her, Ax"
"what? it could be a statement!"
"yeah that statement is gonna look fucked up"
"...al-fuckin-right then, you fuckin pick something"
"I did! look at the fishnets!"
"yeah, it's a no from me"

I giggled watching them put together my outfit for the evening and wondered what kinda restaurant we were gonna eat at.