Chapter 7

"mommy" Raina greeted as soon as the door was opened.

"agya mera baby!! How was school?"

"school was good...and how is the baby doing?? Miss kiya mujhe ? Raina talked to Anokhi's  tummy which held a six months old fetus of Raina's  sibling and Shaurya 's child. Anokhi smiled seeing Raina's love for the unborn baby. Then she looked at Shaurya who was still at the door watching his family with a content smile on his face. She instructed Raina to change and freshen up and then walked to Shaurya . He smiled as she encircled her arms round his neck and he held her lightly by her waist and pecked her forehead.

"Your doing good ?" he asked the usual question and she had the same answer "as long as you are with me I will be doing good "

They shared a kiss, soft but deep. Their love in these 5 years had been like the kiss, soft and deep. Anokhi had stood by him like a rock when he was trying to build up the company. She had never worried him by commenting that it was all because of me' and all that negative stuff, instead she gave him strength when he needed it. She knew how, single-handedly, he was handling office, her, and Raina . All he needed was love, which he got in plenty from her and Raina , and he kept going against all the odds.

Anokhi pulled out of the kiss abruptly and turned around so that Shaurya could not see her struggling for breath. She took small, sharp breaths while Shaurya thought that she was feeling shy so he hugged her from back keeping his chin on her shoulders and whispered "i am going back to office. If you need anything, call me and be careful"

she turned around and smiled "ok...tum befikr ho kar jao...main apna khayal rakhungi and Raina hai na!"

"haaan! Mai hoon na...i am a big girl now!" Raina spoke and Shaurya pulled away smiling and kneeled down to meet her height.

"ok so my big girl. Daddy is going office...raat ko apke assignment mai help karenge ..ok?"

"ok daddy"

After a Month 

A month passed this way. All was blissful, around Shaurya and Anokhi . Their life was perfect until...

Shaurya had gone to the grocery retail shop to buy the monthly quota. He was skimming through the items , searching for some stuff that he noticed Anokhi's doctor on the other side of the shelf. He called out to her to enquire about Anokhi's health. 

Shaurya - "Hello, doctor tripathi"

Dr - "oh,Hello Mr. Sabherwal ! " she replied and then introduced her husband and Shaurya . Some informal talks continued. Dr Reya Tripathi noticed the happiness on Shaurya 's face and felt extremely guilty for hiding the truth from him, on Anokhi's insistence.

Dr Rya Tripti's Pov

Anokhi , is acting stupid by not telling him the truth...should i tell him? Yes of course i should. I am a doctor and telling lies is against the ethics of my profession. And Shaurya meeting me here, alone for the first time in these 7 months is a sign that god too wants me to tell him the truth'

End Of Dr Reya Tripathi's Pov

" Reya where are you lost?? Mr Sabherwal is asking you something" her husband's voice broke her interior monologue.

"actually Mr Sabherwal i have something to tell you...please listen to me carefully and be strong.." as she spoke, Shaurya felt like blood dried in his veins. All terrible, negative thoughts flooded his mind but what she said next, was the thing Shaurya had not prepared himself to hear.

"Anokhi 's life in danger" she said and Shaurya stumbled back. He had thought that there is some issue with the child, but, but...Anokhi ...he had saved her once, brought back from the clutches of death, he had not imagined even in worst nightmares, that he would lose her again. 

Reya's husband out of compassion held Shaurya to give him support while Reya spoke further

Dr - " when she had first come to see me with you , before that she had called me and said that i should not speak anything negative in your presence. I tried to turn her around but she literally begged me into this and after reading her reports , i knew that this is a complicated case but i didn't tell you. When you left she came back to me again and i informed her the whole matter. That keeping this child is impossible because her body is too weak to meet the demands of the baby but she didn't listen..."

So, now , Shaurya knew why Anokhi had insisted on seeing dr tripathi, so that she could have her way. Dr tripathi was the same doctor who had been Anokhi 's consultant doctor during Raina's birth.

Dr tripathi continued , "even that would have been fine...we could have managed to save both, but last month...a test revealed that her cancer had resurfaced and is growing faster than ever...i don't think Anokhi and the baby will go through it together. Saving Anokhi is impossible...we can only think of the baby..."

That was it for Shaurya ! He couldn't hear more. He felt everything blacked out in front of his faces. For a moment nothing was visible and the ringing sound in his ears was not stopping. He held his head between his palms almost crushing it. But then, slowly the sound faded and the blackness too. And now Flashes of the warning that the doctor's in Mexcio had given to Shaurya , when Anokhi had been cured played in Shaurya's head.

Flashback 

5 years, is like a probation time for her. If the cancer triggers again in these 5 years, no one can save your wife. Be careful, young man!' the doctor had said and patted his shoulder.

End Of Flashback 

At that moment , Shaurya  had been super confident that 5 years would fly by and he won't let anything happen to Anokhi. And here, the cancer was brewing right below his nose and he had no idea!! Freaking no idea!

Shaurya's Thoughts 

Why did Anokhi do this?? I had Raina..i freaking had Raina, my daughter! Why did she take the risk of another child! Why? Did i ever make her feel that i want my own child? Did i? Why Anokhi why? Why? What will i do now? How will i save her?

End of Shaurya's Thoughts  

............................................................................................

Hi everyone 

Hope u all are doing good 

Only One more Chapter left   🤧

What do u think will happen next 

Take care

Bye  

Love - shakhilife