Chapter 2

It was evening and he was out in the garden. Sanya walked us to him.

"Shaurya" Sanya called and he turned around to reveal a charming young man. He still looked like he is in his 20's but Sanya had said that he is 32 years old. He smiles in acknowledgement putting his hand forward for a shake. I shook hands with him.

"She is Anokhi and this cute little one , is her daughter Raina." Sanya introduced me.

"Raina say hello beta" i asked my daughter who was hiding her face till now. She raised her head a little to look at me. i smiled "Say hello, beta, you are a good girl na?" i cajoled and finally she turned to look at Shaurya and said a tiny sa hello' . Shaurya's face lit up seeing Raina. He came forward to take her in his arms from Sanya but Raina turned around and hugged Sanya.

Sanya mouthed the word chocolate' to Shaurya. And he bobbed his head excitedly. He searched in his pocket and took out a Cadbury silk bubble.

"Raina, princess, dekho mere paas kya hai??" Shaurya spoke for the first time to her and he referred her as princess, that melted my heart.

"Raina, uncle kai paas chocolate hai, dekho, dekhho" Sanya cajoled her and Raina turned to see the chocolate. Her eyes twinkled and she looked at Shaurya and then at me. i blinked my eyes in assurance and she looked at Shaurya who was saying .

"Princess, i will give you this if you come to me, will you?" he asked and she nodded. He forwarded his arms smiling widely and she jumped on to him. Shaurya opened the wrapper and gave it to her. She started eating.

Sanya turned to me " Anokhi, tum aur Shaurya baat karo, mai chalti hu" she said and left.

Raina was still in his arms. He started walking and i followed him.

"she is beautiful" Shaurya said after a brief silence "exactly like you" he added . i didn't know what to say , so i just said thank you' looking down.

"i wanted to ask something..."i started the conversation and he nodded "you want to adopt Raina, but what if you marry in future . how can i be sure that my daughter's future is secure?" i asked

he stopped walking and turned to me "i won't marry. I won't repeat my mistake" he said looking straight into my eyes, a sign that he was 101% sure about it.

"why don't you have your own kids?" i asked and regretted as his expressions went dull, as if i had pin pointed on his weakness. " the women i married, were too ambitious to bear kids and disliked kids" he replied shortly and i didn't dig into the matter further.

There was silence for a while as we turned to stroll back to the main building.

"no more questions??" he asked curiously with a smile.

"no, as of now, no" i said feeling uneasy, probably i was having slight difficulty in breathing.

"so tell me about yourself" he asked

"what do you want to know?" i asked

"anything which concerns Raina, that i should know" he said

"ok, i don't know if Sanya has told you this or not...my ex -husband , Raina's father's name is rishi iyer. " i said and he listened carefully. I gave other details regarding Raina...her likes and dislikes, her allergies. He listened to everything carefully.

"and tell me about you" he said when i finished

"what about me?" i felt suddenly nervous at the interest that he was showing towards me.

"anything" he said as if he was more interested in hearing my voice than in the words i speak...

I struggled to find topic to speak. Suddenly i was at loss of words. "ummm..well...i...mean...i am on the last stage of cancer. I have very less time left with me...i just want to see Raina happy..its my only wish" i said and my eyes glistened looking at my baby who had smeared whole of her mouth with the chocolate. I didn't look at Shaurya's face as i didn't want any sympathy from him.

Suddenly my breathing became laboured. I was experiencing difficulty in breathing. I tried to take in short breaths from my mouth. "Anokhi, r u okay?" i heard Shaurya's voice, there was panic in it. But i was not able to speak. He started shouting "Sanya, Sanya!!" i saw him holding my baby near his chest securely . i felt relaxed in my heart of heart.

Sanya came running "Anokhi...hold on" she said patting my head. She called out for stretcher. But Shaurya interrupted her "Sanya , tum Raina ko pakro...i will carry Anokhi inside" he said and Sanya obeyed. He picked me up in his arms and Sanya guided him to my room. He put me down on bed carefully. My chest was heaving up and down as i struggled to inhale air. My eyes rolled upwards simultaneously. Sanya started her check up put the oxygen mask on my mouth. After a while my breathing relaxed and due to the injection i felt drowsy and slept.

...

Shaurya's pov

Sanya came to me after Anokhi fell asleep.

"she shouldn't exert herself" she informed. I looked at Anokhi's pale skin and thin body. She looks beautiful even in this condition. Beautiful than the other women. Her full lips and those  eyes instantly caught my attention. I will fulfil her wish. I will make Raina's future safe and secure. Raina was cradling in my lap scared from what she just experienced. She wasn't speaking but was just watching her mother silently.

"Shaurya, tum jao..Anokhi ab kal subah hi uthegi..mai Raina ko dinner karwa kar sula dungi ab" Sanya said and i nodded. 

I placed an endearing kiss on Raina's forehead and handed her to Sanya. 

Shaurya - "i am going now, princess but i will come tomorrow to meet you , ok...you will miss me na?" i asked her and she bobbed her head. 

Shaurya -"main kya lau apke lye kal? Batao? Chocolate?? Toys?? Ya kuch aur??" i asked. 

Raina -"meri momma ko thik kar do bas.." she requested and i stood rooted to my place. I had no answer, no assurance for this little soul. Sanya had tears in her eyes hearing Raina's request.

 Sanya -"Shaurya, jao" she pushed me to move forward. I walked out with heavy steps. All the while Raina's words rang in my ears.

Meri momma ko thk kar do...

Can he???

Can he cure Anokhi ???

...................................................................................................

Hi everyone

So here is the second  chapter of this story 

And i did read everyone's request related to Anokhi ....i wouldn't promise anyone anything ...but please have faith and i have already decided the ending and plot so i can't change ..but think positive and ending may be happy ending in an other way also you never know 

Thank you 

Love you all 

Bye will meet you in the next chapter