Epilogue Pt. 2

I put Colby's Skin EP in my CD player. The first song that plays is the title track Skin. The song was originally released as a single on December 1, 2021. It took Colby a whole year to make all the songs, and one year later, on December 1, 2022, Colby released the full Skin EP, complete with 7 songs. Colby's genre can be described as pop-punk, with a hint of grunge. I truly love Colby's style of singing. It beckons me back to the time when I used to love emo bands such as; All Time Low, Panic! At The Disco, Mayday Parade, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Beyond The Horizon, etc. I used to be into these bands way back in 2017. Now that I've grown up and have my own kids now, my music taste has shifted a lot. I'm now into Korean music more than ever.

Once Daniel finishes listening to Colby's EP, he makes a comment.
"This is a very interesting EP. Your singing style; very, very gravely, very hmm how do I say this? Not my usual style I work with." Daniel said.
"Thank you? I think." Colby said, confused on whether or not it was a compliment or not.
"You, Jaspar. I will work with to find your exact singing style. I have worked with big name Korean idols, who I believe will match your style." Daniel said.
"Thank you so much sir. You're going to make my dreams come true." Jaspar said.
"My pleasure." Daniel said.
"How much will weekly lessons cost, sir?" I asked.
"I only charge $50 for weekly lessons. More frequent lessons will cost $100." Daniel said.
"Alright, sounds good. We'll schedule your vocal lessons for every Friday at 11AM. We'll start tomorrow." I said.
"Okay, thanks so much, mom." Jaspar said.
"Who's this?" Julia asked, coming downstairs from her room.
"This is Daniel, your brother's vocal coach." I said.
"Ah, okay. I'm gonna go back to my room now." Julia said.
"Alright." I said, laughing.

I go up to Julia's room, while the boys stay downstairs and work with Daniel on Jaspar's first vocal lesson, which will take place tomorrow. I knock on Julia's door, making sure it's alright for me to come in.
"Come in." Julia said.
"Hey, sweetie. Jaspar has a dream of becoming a singer. I'm wondering, what's your dream?" I asked.
"I want to become an urban explorer like dad was." Julia said.
"Oh, Julia. That job can be very risky. You know, you dad did that exploring stuff between 2015 and 2019. He had to stop exploring because he got arrested for trespassing. I don't want the same thing to happen to you. Do you have any dream?" I asked.
"Hmm, I've been listening to this K-pop group. You were into K-pop when you were younger, right?" Julia asked.
"Oh, your mother was obsessed with many, many groups. Which group are you listening to?" I asked.
"I'm listening to NCT. They have a new NCT Hollywood unit, and an NCT Japan unit. I think they're pretty cool." Julia said.
"Oh, I loved those guys when I was younger. So, are you saying that your other dream is to become a K-pop idol?" I asked.
"Yes." Julia said.
"Well, you're gonna have to start taking vocal lessons with your brother then, as well as dance classes." I said.
"I'm okay with all that, if it means I can go to Korea and become a K-pop idol." Julia said.
"You've got big dreams, honey. I wish you all the best in your endeavors." I said.
"Thanks, mom." Julia said with a smile.

*2 Years Later | 2042*
Jaspar is now 17 years old. He had been taking vocal lessons from Daniel Choi for the past 2 years now. He has found his exact singing style that suits him best. Now, Jaspar is gearing up to release his first EP. I'm beyond proud of him. His style is indie, and his songs remind me of Conan Gray or Lauv. I would go as far as to say Jaspar's songs remind me of Harry Styles' music. He falls in that umbrella of artists. Jaspar's debut album is titled Beasts & Beauties. I think the title of the album is quite interesting. When I listened to Jaspar's title track song; Beauty and The Beast, I quite liked it. I absolutely love the vibes of the song.

As for Julia, about a year ago, at age 16, she moved to South Korea after passing the global audition for Fantagio Music. This is the company that hosts the wildly popular senior group; ASTRO. Since debuting ASTRO, Fantagio Music has debuted many more groups. I'm hoping that Julia doesn't have too bad of a time as a trainee at Fantagio Music. She is not the typical look of a K-pop idol. For one; she is 5'5 tall, has blue eyes, pale skin, and freckles. She takes a lot of her genes from her father, while Jaspar takes after my genes. Looking different from her Korean peers, it might make it difficult for her debut. Once Julia learns how to dance very well, she'll be unstoppable. Julia can already sing very well, so all she needs to do now is learn how to dance.

Later, I find out that it takes Julia 4 years before she debuts in the new Fantagio Music girl group. Her debut year is 2046. She is now 20 years old, and the leader of her group. This is very shocking. Colby and I flew all the way out to Seoul to watch her debut showcase. The name of her group is: Galactic Girls. Their group contains 6 members. 3 members are Korean and 3 members are foreigners. Julia is one of the foreign members. She's born in 2026. The other two foreign members come from Japan and Germany. The member from Japan is named: Osaki Kimiko. She is also the oldest member of the group, born 2024. She is also known to be the niece of NCT member, Osaki Shotaro. She is from Osaka, Japan. The member from Germany is half Korean, half German. Her father is German and her mother is Korean. Her name is: Hanne Ziegler, born 2027. She is from Frankfurt, Germany. One of the Korean members is named Jang Seoyeon. Born in 2028. She is from Busan, South Korea. The next Korean member is named Lee Somi. Born in 2029. She is from Daegu, South Korea. Finally, the maknae of the group is named Kim Hana, born 2030. She is from Seoul, South Korea.

Colby, Jaspar, and I sit in the front row of Music Bank, where Galatic Girls will perform their debut stage. Their debut song is called Universe. They've got a galaxy-themed concept. All the blues and purples are quite beautiful together. Their stage outfits are space-themed as well. Galaxy designs on their outfits. Blue, purple, and black are the main colors. When Galactic Girls finish their debut stage, Julia introduces her group to the world.
"Hello, everyone! My name is Julia Brock. I am from Honolulu, Hawaii, United States. My parents came to my debut stage today, hi mom and dad! This is my group. I'm 20 years old. We are Galactic Girls, and we're under Fantagio Music. 안녕하세요, ASTRO 선배님. Allow my members to introduce themselves." Julia said.
"Hi, guys! Osaki Kimiko. I'm from Osaka, Japan. I'm 22 years old. My uncle is Shotaro from NCT. Nice to meet you!" Kimiko exclaimed.
"Hey, everyone. My name is Hanne Ziegler. I'm from Frankfurt, Germany. My mom is Korean, and my dad is German. I'm 19 years old. Nice to see you, all!" Hanne exclaimed.
"안녕하세요, 저는 정서연입니다. 저는 부산에서 왔습니다. 저는 18살입니다. 만나서 반가습니다." Seoyeon said(Hello, my name is Jang Seoyeon. I'm from Busan. I'm 18 years old. Nice to meet you)
"안녕하세요, 저는 이소미입니다. 저는 대구에서 왔습니다. 저는 17살입니다." Somi said(Hello, I'm Lee Somi. I'm from Daegu. I'm 17 years old)
"안녕하세요, 저는 김하나. 저는 서울에서 왔습니다. 저는 16살입니다." Hana said(Hello, I'm Kim Hana. I'm from Seoul. I'm 16 years old)

With all introductions out of the way, Galactic Girls then take their big bow. Julia has just made her big debut in a K-pop group, which I never knew could be possible. Both of me and Colby's kids are in the entertainment industry. Both very talented vocalists. I can't wait to see where they go from here. I wish them all the best of luck in their endeavors as singers. Colby and I couldn't be more proud of them. At age 43, and Colby is 49, we're so glad to see how far our kids have gone. We can now go back to Hawaii, and work for the rest of our lives until age 65. We'll be back in Hawaii with an empty nest. It will weird, but Colby and I will be alone all over again. Here's to the next chapter in Jaspar and Julia's lives.