Chapter 1

Today is August 28, 2023. It is the first day of my sophomore year of college. Over the previous summer, I had decided to transfer colleges from the University of Nevada, Reno to the University of California, Los Angeles. I just stayed one year at UNR before I decided to transfer to UCLA. My first year of college was covered by student loans and federal grants from the government. This year, I'll file my FASFA form so I can have financial aid for this year. I move into an apartment nearby the campus, since I opted to live off-campus this year. The apartment I moved in to costs $2,973 per month. That means, I need to get multiple jobs just so I can afford this apartment. I wasn't expecting renting in Los Angeles to be so expensive.

I moved into my apartment a week before classes began. Then, I make my way to UCLA for orientation. I needed to have orientation for this school because I'm new here, having transferred from UNR. Orientation lasted from 10AM until 5PM. That's how long orientation at UNR lasted, so this should be fun. After orientation finishes, we are allowed to go back to our place for the remainder of the evening. I grab dinner at In-N-Out, then go back to my apartment. I eat dinner at my little dinner table in my apartment. Then, I decided that since I don't have class until tomorrow, I'm gonna go out and attend a random house party.

I'm usually not a party person, but I thought I'd put myself out there since I'm in LA now. I walk into the house party. The smell of alcohol, Marijuana, and various vape-flavored smoke fills my body. Then, among the people at this party, I see someone awfully familiar. I swear I've seen that guy before. I decide to approach him and find out.
"Oh, hey!" I exclaimed over loud music.
"Hey!" He said.
"I think I've seen you before, what's your name?" I asked.
"My name is Colby Brock, what's yours?" Colby asked.
"You're Colby Brock?! I love your videos, bruh! My name is Raeshel!" I exclaimed.
"Rachel?" Colby asked.
"No, Raeshel. Kind of like Rochelle." I said, as if this would help him hear my name better.
"Oh, I see. You've got a pretty name. Let's head somewhere a little more private, shall we?" Colby asked, leading me away from the crowd.

Colby leads me into a random empty bedroom in the house. The music is now muffled by the closed door.
"I just wanted to say, I've been watching you and Sam's YouTube channel since you guys posted the Abandoned Bloody Hospital video. That was the first video I saw of you guys." I said.
"It's nice to meet a fan of mine." Colby said.
"I also wanted to say; you are beyond attractive to me. Like, you are so hot." I said.
"Wow, thank you. You're gonna make me blush." Colby said, smiling all cute.
"Your dimples are really cute." I said.
"Thanks, your eyes are pretty." Colby said.
"Thanks. I actually really like you, I just never got the chance to meet you in person." I said.
"Well, I'm single, and I wouldn't mind having a girlfriend." Colby said.
"Can I be your girlfriend?" I asked.
"Of course. You're really pretty. Could I get your number?" Colby asked.
"Yeah, it's (775) - ××× - ××××." I said.
"Cool. I'll put you in my phone as; Babygirl, heart emoji." Colby said.
"Let me have your number too." I said.
"Oh, yeah right. Let me type it into your phone." Colby said.
Colby adds his phone number to my contacts and I add his contact as: Colby😍❤️‍🔥🖤.

After spending time together in that bedroom alone, I got to know Colby as more than just a YouTuber I watched on YouTube. Colby is a man from Wichita, Kansas who moved out to LA to pursue his dreams as a social media influencer. He uploaded his first YouTube video on December 18, 2016. I didn't start watching his YouTube channel until 2018, after discovering the Sam and Colby YouTube channel. I discovered their personal channels from their duo channel, and have been subscribed to all 3 ever since. When Colby posted his first video, he was only 19. Now, in 2023, he is 26. I'll be turning 20 this November. Colby and I have a significant age gap, but we could care less about our age gap. All that matters is that we truly fell in love because of love at first sight.

As the night turned even later into midnight, I realized how late it had gotten and rush back to my apartment. I head straight to bed so I could wake up early enough to get to campus on time. When I fall asleep, all my dreams are filled with first date scenarios with Colby. He is only my second boyfriend ever in my life. My first boyfriend and I had to break up because we were both going to different colleges, and just couldn't make a long distance relationship work. I've been single ever since then, and only recently got into this new relationship with Colby. I hope, despite him being a famous social media influencer, that everything goes as smoothly as possible.

The following day, I head to campus that morning. My classes start at 9AM, and end around 12PM. My classes alternate days, and on Friday, I don't have any classes, which I like. That means, I'm free all day on Friday and Saturday. On Sunday, I start my job as a Teacher's Aid for my Korean professor. I had started studying Korean on my own in 2021, but then I procrastinated, and now my Korean is not as good. I hope I can still help out my Korean professor despite my Korean not being as good as it could be. I actually plan on studying abroad at Yonsei University for my junior year of college. I'm really looking forward to that.