Chapter 17

*Moving to Honolulu, Hawaii🏝 | November 5, 2025*
Colby announced to Sam, Corey, Jake, Tara, and Katrina that he'll be moving out of the house in Kauai, and be moving into a house with me in Honolulu. When he announced this to his roommates, they were sad to see him go. This also means that whatever Colby was paying for, now falls on Sam. Understanding that Colby and I want our own place to raise our little family, Sam allowed us to move out of the Trap House. Colby and I pack up our belongings in the Trap House. Once we finish packing up, we say our final goodbyes to the roommates whom we became so close to. Sam cried seeing Colby moving out. That was quite sweet. They've been best friends since freshman year of high school. This is the first time that Colby will be living further away than a few minutes away. The distance between Kauai and Honolulu is 119 miles. Colby and I will be living a far distance away from the Trap House. We are only separating ourselves from the Trap House because we want to have our own space to raise our son, Jaspar, and have space to expand our family.

Colby found us a beautiful house in Honolulu, Hawaii that costs $2,495 a month. The house is located at: 1684 Kamamalu Ave, Honolulu, HI 96813. The house has 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. It is 1,100sq.ft. The house comes unfurnished, so Colby and I will be going to iKEA to buy all our furniture and furnish our new house. We'll be splitting the monthly payments on this house. I'll be paying $1,247.50 a month, and Colby will be paying the other half: $1,247.50 a month. I've had to quit my job in Los Angeles and find a job in Honolulu that pays well. I'm also graduating college next year, in 2026. With me having to move to Hawaii, I've had to switch to remote online classes. I'll still be attending UCLA. I'll be graduating from college on June 22, 2026. I've always struggled with online school, so I might just transfer into a university here in Honolulu. I think I'll just do that. Today is November 5, 2025. I'm in the middle of the fall semester of my senior year. Surely, UCLA will be understanding if I want to transfer into a university here in Honolulu. So, once I was able to find a stable job here, I then moved on to the process of transferring from UCLA into the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa. Once I finished the transfer process, I am to proceed with classes in the next week.

That following week, I proceeded with classes. I drive from our house to the university every day. I'm able to proceed with my major and finish my Bachelor's degree in English and Literature Arts. My minor is Korean Studies. My classes start at 9AM and end at 12PM, just like back at UCLA. I have classes on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, but no classes on Friday, which I like. When I arrive home from my first day at University of Hawai'i at Mānoa, I have some news to deliver to Colby. About 2 weeks ago, we tried for a baby, and this time it wasn't going to be an accident like it was for Jaspar. Turns out, I am pregnant again.
"Colby, could you come downstairs for a second?" I asked.
"Of course, baby. What is it?" Colby asked.
"I'm pregnant again." I said.
"Aww, Jaspar's gonna be a big brother." Colby said.
At this time, Jaspar is only around one month old. His younger sibling will be around a year younger than him.
"So, when is your expected due date?" Colby asked.
"Around 2 weeks ago, on October 22, is when I go pregnant, so I should be due around July 22, 2026. At least, that's what my new obstetrician told me. That's when she expects my delivery date to be." I said.
"Ah, okay. Sounds good. You'll have that baby a month after you graduate college. That should be fun." Colby said.
"Yeah, uh-huh." I said.

It's also 5 days from my birthday. I'll be turning 22 on my birthday. Colby is currently 28 years old. We're still quite young and have loads of time to have more kids, if we want more kids, or just settle down and keep our family the size it is. When I was younger, I always wanted to have 2 kids and that's it. I'm hoping for a girl this time around so I can have one of each. My parents had one of each, so I hope I can too. If I do end up having another boy, I'm completely fine with that too. For my 22nd birthday, Colby took me out to Pagoda Floating Restaurant & Catering. I scan the menu and try to decide what to order. For an appetizer, I ordered Grilled Punalu'u Sweet Bread Pudding. For my main dish, I ordered "Ohana" Cattle Company Loco Moco, Two Eggs, Onion Gravy, and Rice. This restaurant is only open during breakfast hours, by the way. Colby orders from their healthy section. For our month-old baby boy, Jaspar, he can only eat the pudding-like baby food, so we packed that with us for his breakfast. Our food arrives around 20 minutes after we ordered. I dig into my food and it is incredible. I love it so much.

Colby, Jaspar, and I leave Pagoda Floating Restaurant, then go back to our house. I work on some of my assignments for my classes. Colby plays with Jaspar in the mean time. I can tell that Colby really loves being a father. He wasn't expecting to become a father so young, but Jaspar is the best thing to happen to him. Colby always tells me how much he loves Jaspar, and that he can't wait to see what gender our next baby will be. At first, Colby didn't expect to become a father while still in his 20's, but he loves Jaspar with all his heart. I am also anticipating what the gender of our next baby will be. I wonder if it'll be a girl or a boy.