Chapter 8: Losing Battle

Bruce Banner started convulsing and shaking. He looked up and saw that an explosion dropped him several floors further down on the Helicarrier. He was in a storage facility that housed the weapons that Fury concealed from the Avengers.

"Fury's secrets have secrets." Stark's message kept pounding in Banner's head

Banner became more angry as these thoughts repeated themselves in his mind. He snarled and growled at the stacks of weapons. A symbol of Nick Fury's lies is how Banner viewed the weapons. His body continued to shake and his veins turned green. His anger continued to grow.

"Bruce. You need to calm down. We need to figure out what just happened." Black Widow groaned

She struggled to get to her feet. Her entire body ached but thankfully she suffered no broken bones. She could see Bruce's body bulging and pulsating with green veins. 

"You telling me to calm down...that's a joke." Banner snapped back

"Doctor Banner... Bruce, you gotta fight it. This is exactly what Loki wants. We're gonna be okay. Listen to me. We're gonna be okay, right? I swear on my life I will get you out of this! You will walk away, and never..."

"Your life! Liar!" Banner yelled

His body started to grow bigger and his skin began to turn green. Black Widow backed away slowly in fear.

****

Captain America saw Anakin sprawled on the ground unconscious. Obi Wan was nowhere to be found. He saw that he was in an engine room that was heavily damaged. Down on a lower level Cap saw that one of the four spinning rotars was damaged also. It was inside one of the Helicarrier's four wings that allowed the helicarrier to fly.

"Oh wonderful you're awake. I need your help fixing this rotar or else this entire aircraft is gonna fall out of the sky." Iron Man said

He was in his Mark VI armor using a laser cutter in his wrist gauntlet to repair the frayed and broken wires inside the rotar.

"What's the status inside the engine room Rogers?" Iron Man asked

Cap looked at the Helicarrier tech and started to sweat. None of the inner workings of the technology made any sense to him.

"It seems to be powered by some sort of electricity!" Cap said sheepishly

"...well, you're not wrong." Iron Man said with a sigh

****

Black Widow ran terrified from the monstrosity known as the Incredible Hulk. The Hulk smashed pipes and overheard lamps with ease as he charged toward Black Widow. Fear in her eyes Black Widow knew that soon she would be caught by the Hulk. She never faced someone so strong and she was perplexed at what to do. The distance between herself and Hulk was closing. Hulk was only twenty feet from her now.

Hulk gave a distant roar and then there was silence. Black Widow turned back and saw that the Hulk was gone. She saw huge indentations twenty feet away that signaled his last location. Then the rest of the walkway leading to where she stood was smooth and flat. Before Black Widow could piece together what happened an arrow flew towards her and she quickly jumped off the walkway as it exploded.