Chapter 3 - Awaking

It was silent and cold, so very cold. Was this what death was like, was this how he was going to die. He didn't want to die yet, he had so much to do, so much he wanted to see, he had goals he didn't accomplish yet, he couldn't die now.

Yet, the cold was so comforting.

It felt like a blanket that was covering his tired body, a touch he didn't want to get out of, a feeling he wanted to enjoy for as long as he could.

His mind drifted into the darkness, blanking as he no longer had the need for thoughts, all that awaited him was rest, after a boring life. However, something within him didn't want him to rest just yet. Call it his motivation, his anger, his curiosity, call it what you may, it was driving him to move.

It wasn't his time to die yet, he couldn't die yet, he had things to do still.

Twitching ever so slightly, his arms moved forward, it was strained, barely able to move due to the amount of blood that he had lost. It was unimaginable that he could even move his hand at all with how little blood he had in him.

Slowly his hand landed on the body of the Matron, she was so cold now that all her blood had drained out. Eleazar couldn't even help her, it was too late, he couldn't even help himself, he was dying, and she was dead. Tears struggled to stream down his face at the thought of this, who knew crying when you're bleeding out would be this hard.

*Dub dub*

It was loud, it made a sound as if it was trying to break out of his chest, his heart, beating faster and louder than ever before. The noise came first, then came the pain, burning pain in the middle of his chest. It was like nothing he felt before, it was so painful that he would have preferred to have just died from the blood loss, than from whatever this was.

Eleazar couldn't focus because of the pain, his already weak mind, and even weaker body, couldn't handle this type of torture, he was merely a child, a child that just wanted to dream. Well, soon enough he faded away into a dream, his body falling lifeless on the ground, as the pain kept coursing through it, him simply not being awake to feel it.

==========

Awaking, Eleazar felt different. His head was dizzy, a splitting headache that just didn't seem to want to go away had him feeling so. The burning pain was gone as if it was never there, to begin with.

Slowly he stood up, he was confused about how he could even move still, how he was even alive. He knew he should be dead, Eleazar wasn't some foolish child that didn't understand how death works, he definitely died, well should have, a sword literally went through his body, how wasn't he dead.

In his confusion and shock, his eyes peered down to the body of the Matron, widening his eyes as he fell to his knees, crawling over to the body that lay before him as quickly as he could with the little energy he regained.

"Wh-what happened," his voice was shaking, maybe it was due to the fact he couldn't breathe properly, or maybe it was because it felt like the words were sticking to his throat on their way out.

Whatever it was, it mattered little to him right now.

The Matron's body, a body that had just died, and should've still been fresh for all he know, was completely dried out and withering. It was as if someone completely sucked the blood out of her, making her body look empty in texture, and then, the withering that one accompanied with time just speed up. Leaving her a husk of what she was before.

"N-no, I'm sorry, i-" his voice was cut off by the sound of him starting to cry.

Tears streamed down his face this time with ease, there was no strain like before, like a dame that broke it just flowed. His head lowed and rested against the Matron's withered body as he sobbed, he didn't even bother to hold in the sounds, he didn't have the time, or care, to think about if the men were still around.