Chapter 16: The Secret Relationship

Começar do início

Clay & Tony run towards Justin.

Clay Jensen: Justin.

Tony Padilla: Justin, wake up.

Clay Jensen: Justin. Justin.

Tony Padilla: Wake up. Wake up.

Clay Jensen: Justin.

Justin wakes up and looks up at Clay & Tony.

Tony Padilla: Fuck.

Clay Jensen: Yeah, we gotta get him back to my house.

Tony Padilla: No, I can't do this anymore. Okay? I'm out.

Clay Jensen: What do you mean you're out?

Tony Padilla: There is no "we," okay?

Clay Jensen: What the fuck is up with you?

Clay & Tony turn to Bryce who is looking at them.

Tony Padilla: We gotta get him out of here.

Clay Jensen: Yeah.

Clay & Tony help pick up Justin by the shoulders as Jessica looked with a worried look.

Tony Padilla: Come on, Justin. Use your legs. Use your legs.

They leave the cafeteria as they put Justin in the Mustang as Tony takes him back to Clay's house. Jessica grabs her bag and leaves the cafeteria while Chlöe questions Bryce, Monty, & Scott if they knew that Justin was back which they denied much to Bryce's annoyance. At the trial, Zach tells the court that, during the summer his dad died, he spent a lot of time at the movies trying to hang out with Hannah to make up for what he did to her during the school year. She became someone he could talk to and eventually started a relationship. Zach & Hannah secretly dated and eventually lost their virginity to each other. They spent the majority of the summer hanging out and having sex. Their relation ended after Zach was too scared to bring their relationship public which made Hannah believe he was ashamed or embarrassed of their relationship. Zach's testimony wasn't good for Hannah, especially since Hannah didn't mentioned it on his tape. After court was done for the day, Olivia goes to he car with Andy following her.

Olivia Baker: I, uh... I'm gonna meet with Dennis. Damage control.

Andy Baker: I'd like to come.

Olivia Baker: Fine. We're meeting at the hospital.

Andy Baker: I don't want you to feel alone in this, Liv.

Olivia Baker: Well, that's nice, Andy. (Chuckles) I'm honored by your concern.

Andy Baker: Can you not give one inch? I'm trying here. Is there not one goddamn ounce of forgiveness somewhere? Some... Some kind of understanding that not everybody else is as self-contained as you are?

Olivia Baker: Forgiveness for what? For which part? The leaving or the not fighting?

Andy Baker: This is you, though. This is our whole life together. Not just this trial, not just Hannah. You have never forgiven weakness, or imperfection, or struggle.

Olivia Baker: I forgave... every weakness, every imperfection, every mistake that we made in parenting our daughter. I guess I'm just surprised that's all we had.

Andy Baker: I lied to you. I am living with Valerie and her daughter.

Olivia Baker: I know.

Olivia gets in her car and drives away as Andy looks on. As Justin recovers in Clay's room, he hear the sound of a widow breaking. Justin hides in the closet as he sees that someone has broken in and but doesn't know who the intruder is because he was wearing a hoodie and can only see his back. The intruder hears someone in the house and leaves through the window. After the intruder leaves, Justin comes out of hiding, only for Matt Jensen to finds him as Justin tells him the truth. Zach returns to school after his testimony and finds a mockery of blood stained underwear with "Hannah" written on it in his locker, implying someone teasing him Hannah losing her virginity to him. This pushes him over the edge and he gets into a fight with Bryce before Coach Rick breaks it up. Olivia, Andy, & Dennis arrive to the hospital as they discuss their next step while visiting Hannah. Olivia suggest that it is time for Clay to testify.