31 - Strongest Of All

"Stop-" Jay grabbed her wrist before she could get out of the house, but she yanked her hand away.

"N-no..." She managed to say through her sobs as she shook her head. "He k-killed my brother! He f-freaking..."

Right when the truck hit Sunghoon, Jay rushed to the driver who was about to run away. And apparently, after he was almost beaten to death, he admitted that he was only obeying Lee Kwang's order.

"I a-almost lost you!" Jay slightly shouted, making her cry even harder. "You have known that I l-love you for so long... I love you! Why do you torture me!?"

His words froze Y/N on her spot. She did not know what to say and did not even part her dry lips.

Would she be selfish if she argued and let out her pain and frustration, her anger to the world because it did not even give Y/N a chance to know her brother, Sunghoon, to know him better?

It would. It indeed would.

"Y-you know this feeling m-more than anyone..." She said, tears falling down her cheeks. "You want to k-kill him? You f-fucking want to-"

"You don't r-realize the anger and h-heartache I'm feeling right now! I'm barely s-surviving, Y/N... I just lost one of my best friends for fuck's sake! But I can't l-lose you, don't you u-understand!?"

"I don't c-care!" Y/N raised her voice as she looked at him with sad eyes. "S-Sunghoon... my b-brother-"

When she broke down crying, Jay was there to catch her and hold her in his arms as they cried together and embraced each other's heartache and pain. Her fist slowly landed on his chest as she cried and shook her head.

It must be just a nightmare, right? The world was too cruel to them, it couldn't be real.

Niki and Jungwon walked to them with their heads down, trying to hide their tears and their pain. They stood there, listening to Y/N's sobs as their hearts broke to pieces.

"N-no..." She said as she wiped her tears off her cheeks. "I'm gonna k-kill him."

"Y/N-" Jay called but she closed her eyes and shook her head no.

"Don't s-stop me, Jay... p-please..." She said as she stared at him in desperation. "He cannot t-take away my b-brother from me and live just like that... no..."

With that, Y/N was about to walk out of the place when Niki's grandfather stood in front of her and stopped her midway with his old cane.

"Yamete." He said as Y/N looked at him with teary eyes and frowned. (Stop.)

"W-what...? Why-"

"Kare wa kuru." He said and Niki and Jay froze. (He's coming.)

"Dōiu imi?" Niki asked, his face holding an expression of fear. (What do you mean?)

"Koroshitai no ka? Sorenara koko de yaranakya ikenai nda kare ga sugu kurukara." (You want to kill him? Then you have to do it here, because he's coming right away.)

"Ojīsan-" (Grandfather)

"Hanashite iru hima wanai, kyaku ga ki teru." Niki's grandfather said, and with that, he left them and walked towards his men as he gave them orders. Everyone was rushing and running here and there, and Y/N stood there confused.

"W-what's hap-" She was about to ask Jay but he grabbed her hand and looked right into her eyes.

"Promise me you'll stay by my side the whole time." He said with a serious tone and she just frowned more. "Lee Kwang is coming to attack us because we attacked his house and killed his men..."