6 - Enemy

They had told her about the basement. 

It's the place where they all trained, the place where they had their equipment. She was heading towards it, her heart beating a little too fast. She was nervous about all this training but she was excited to learn how to fight. Because apparently, she will be doing it a lot.

She slowly opened the door to the training room, the cold making her shiver. The place was so silent, full of punching bags and boxing balls. She walked in, looking around her as she waited for Jake. He was to teach her his fighting skills, even though he hated the idea. 

But it looked like he wouldn't hurt her in any way after Jay's warning. 

"I can do it," Y/N said, taking a deep breath. She was ready to change. So ready to become strong and fight for herself. 

Staring at the punching bag, she tightened her fists in an attempt to punch it. However, a voice stopped her in her tracks. "That's not how we do it."

She quickly turned around, looking at Jake who walked to her with hands in his pockets. He had an amused expression on his features as a smirk lay on the edge of his lips. Stopping right in front of her, he looked in her eyes as she stood there, clueless about his next move. There was this silence Y/N didn't like that much, and right then, she felt herself getting pushed until a hard, cold surface collided with her back.

Jake had pinned her to the wall behind her, making her groan in pain. He really took her off guard, for she stared at him with wide eyes and raised eyebrows.

"From now on, I'm your enemy," he said, his eyes turning cold. "Rule number one; never let down your guard around your enemy." 

"But I-" Y/N struggled in his grip as he put a hand on her neck, slightly choking her.

"Show me how you'd get out of this situation," Jake said, smirking at her. "You either fight back or die," he whispered next to her ear. "Right here."

Y/N gripped his hand desperately, starting to have a hard time breathing. It seemed that Jake played the role of her enemy a little too perfectly, for he didn't stop when he saw her out of breath.

"I-" Y/N winced when he let go of her, collapsing on the hard ground of that basement. She breathed heavily as he kept staring at her in disappointment, rolling his eyes.

"We have a long way to go," Jake said and sighed heavily. "I'm expecting you to come here every day and work out. Lifting weight, boxing, and strengthening your form. You're so weak, I will end up hurting you."

Y/N looked down as her heavy breathing stopped, taking in his words as she slowly nodded. 

"Until then, get some rest." He said and walked away, leaving her staring at his back. Jake was right, she was weak.

Y/N slowly got up, making her way out of the basement and to the room she was in. Her neck hurt, and her whole body hurt too. She just wanted to sleep and rest. Upon walking inside the room, a bunch of bags on the bed came into her sight as she slowly approached them. But the sound of the door opening made her stop in her tracks.

"You're here?" Jay uttered as he walked inside. "Oh, I bought you some stuff. I figured you'd need them." He pointed at the bags as she looked at him quite surprised.

Y/N opened the bags one by one, staring at all the clothes, underwear, and bathroom products in there. Her cheeks reddened a little as she looked back at Jay who was scratching his neck nervously.

"Why did you... buy a lot of things?" She asked, blinking in confusion.

"Well, you'll be staying here for a while so... you'll definitely need it all-"

"But I can't repay you now... I have no money."

Jay stared at her as he furrowed his eyebrows, and just then, he broke in laughter. "No, no," He said between his chuckles. "I'm not expecting you to repay me, I'm not that low of a person. Just don't make trouble and don't run away." He laughed. "You can do that much?"

Staring at him in surprise, a small smile crept on Y/N's lips. "Yeah... thank you."

He nodded, "I'll be back in a while, call me if you need anything." He said and made his way out of his room, leaving Y/N dumbfounded. Were gangsters always this nice? She had no idea. The only thing her father always told her was not to trust anyone. Because sometimes, people who seem pure at first also have a secret venom hidden inside.

Even the devil was an angel once.

Sighing, she took off the shirt Jungwon had landed her and winced as pain surged through her back. At that moment, she cursed Jake and called him names for pushing her violently on the wall. He just hated her too much.

Y/N tried to undo her bra but for some reason, she couldn't. She straightened her back to make it easier to reach for the silver clip but her hands turned out to be too... short. Leaving a heavy sigh of exasperation, she tried again but to no avail.

"I don't know h-" 

Their eyes widened, staring at each other when Y/N turned around to stare at the person that walked in. Her breath was stuck as she froze in her place. And when she was about to scream, he quickly ran to her, putting a hand on her mouth as she bit it.

"Fuck- what's wrong with you!?" Jake whisper-yelled as he grabbed his hand and glared at her.

"You pervert!" Y/N covered herself with Jungwon's shirt as she looked at him in disbelief. "Why are y-"

"I thought Jay was here! I didn't know you w-were here." He said, looking away from her. "You're freaking crazy... I'm gonna go!" He said, but before he could walk out, Y/N called him and he stopped in his tracks. "What the hell do you want?"

"Can you... get me a mirror?" She asked, making him furrow his eyebrows in confusion. He turned around, looking at her when the realization hit him.

"You can't even open your bra?" He asked and you looked away, embarrassed. "Don't you have any women in your house? Didn't your mom teach you?" He hissed, giving you a very fed up and tired look.

It was kind of boiling her blood, the way he was treating her. Y/N accepted the fact that she was pretty spoiled, dumb, and didn't know how the outer world functioned but a mom? That seemed like an insult knowing she never had one.

"I don't have a mom," She replied, looking into his eyes and not wanting to gain any sympathy or pityness for her misfortune.

Hearing her answer, Jake turned silent. Y/N looked away, sighing heavily. The shallowness of the conversation that got laid bare started making her feel uncomfortable for some reason; it started to gnaw her insides and for now, all she could ask for was the gaping void to be filled with words.

Too engrossed in her thoughts, Y/N heard a click sound coming from behind that made her freeze. 

She turn her head back to see Jake unclipping her bra, his bangs were covering his eyes but she could still feel his hot breath against her ice-cold skin. The eyebrow piercings below his brow were shining amongst his jet black hair like a star in the night sky.

He stood there, his silence making her uncomfortable when he took her off guard, "your neck..." he stared at the red mark that lay on her skin before he let her go, looking away from her. "I... I'm gonna go."

Before Y/N could thank him for helping her, he was gone. Y/N stood there dumbfounded, her cheeks red and her heart beating like crazy. What the hell just happened?

She managed to wear the clothes Jay got for her, wondering how they suited her just right. Closing her eyes, she lay on the bed as she relaxed. Thoughts wandered inside her mind as she sighed, thinking about the future fate had for her. 

Right when she was about to drift to sleep, she heard someone knock on the door. Slowly getting up, she walked to the door before opening it, but to her surprise, there was no one. Y/N furrowed her eyebrows as she looked around, but when she looked down, her eyes slightly widened.

She picked up the plastic bag that lay on the floor before she opened it, taking out the supposed-to-be ointment and the piece of paper that had a terribly written 'sorry' on it.

Y/N's eyes glistened, and a smile found its way to her lips.