s e v e n

07

Hypothesis; when a pack of boys runs into me and the subject, pushing the aforementioned subject away saves emotions from being spilled.

I'd promised myself I'd get over it. I'd sworn to never cry because of the accident. And up until now, I was doing just fine.

I had the chocolate lattes to remind me of my dad and a mother who was too engulfed in her own life to care about mine. I guess it helped too. All that sorrow, I just channelled it to growing angrier at the way my mom was taking the news about my dad. Poorly, that is.

At least, from time to time, I tried to ask her.if she was fine. I could see she wasn't, heck, the old lady three blocks away could see it as well. But my mom always lied. So eventually, I gave up on her. The same way she gave up on me.

My hands stopped moving on paper and I froze, all the air knocked out of my lungs when I saw what I'd just drawn. Or who.

After all this time, my dad's face was still fresh in my mind. I'd captured everything right. His eyes, his smile, that scar on his chin that he never explained to me.

I bit down on my lip and stared down at the black and white image. It's perfection angered me to the point of irritation so I shut the book and shoved it in my bag.

"Don't forget, at the end of the month, you have to make an illustration of someone that means the world to you. Points will be awarded for detailing, of course. This was, you'll be able to learn how emotions affect our art." My art lecturer held a small stack of textbooks in her hand and pushed up her glasses. "I'll see you on Friday."

Barely moments later, the class was rowdy again as students made their way out of the hall while some stood around each other, smiling and talking. A part of me wanted friends, but knowing how antisocial I was, I'd probably scare them off on the first meet.

My phone vibrated in my hand as I stood up, a single text lightning up the screen.

From: Barbie

Meet me in LT043. We need to talk. Right now.

Uh oh.

One word; Seniors.

Tons of them sat in packs, mostly talking to each other and laughing, some frowning. A few hung around in couples, smiling at each other like they were about to swallow the other person. I made a face when I spotted a couple in the corner locking lips and then shut my eyes tightly.

Breathe, Noah.

I needed to find Chanelle, figure out what the hell she wanted and get out as soon as possible.

A shockwave soared through my bloodstream, making me flinch away when I felt someone touch my shoulder. But then I relaxed when I saw who it was.

"Cherry. Don't do that!"